Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Yesterday, after wanting to go to the Ice Caves in Washington for a long time and seeing amazing images from there, I decided to go. Well, I packed the truck with all the necessary gear and left to make a sunrise shooting. With Starbuck's in hand and nearly two hours later I found that the road, three miles before the trailhead/turnoff, was closed.

Oh well, turned around and slowly headed back. Stopped along the way a few times to get the drone out and below is one of the stills from one of the spots. I have some footage to edit and found some amazing places. I don't have a lot of time to get out with work and all but it is so nice to stretch out and get the gear out to actually use.

DJI_0015.JPG

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

As I said above, I loaded up the trailer with gun stuff to take a buddy and his daughter out shooting for her first time. I always enjoy taking someone out for the first time as it is a privilege and a responsibility. I also enjoyed seeing someone feeling nervous at the beginning and leaving much more relaxed and having enjoyed themselves with the desire to do it again.

View attachment 23952
(Pay no attention to the position of the shooting hand as this is was the very beginning when she was working on her sight picture with the iron sights)

Way to coach them. Rugar 10-22, beautiful way to start.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Found out both my overlanders need work! Because my Jeep Cherokee is down, I have been driving my Land Cruiser some. It needs a good tune up and some good fuel injector cleaner ran through it! Benz.

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

Got my ARB front bumper, new and stiffer Torsion Bars, rear diff breather kit and made an appointment for an alignment on Friday. Long day but it was fun!

Discovered both lower ball joint boots are torn though. That’s a heck of a job on my rig.

Reactions: Homeguy

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Sounds like you installed yourself. How tuff was it? Did you install a winch?

Thinking about this myself.

Tim

Darren01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Member #

Sounds like you installed yourself. How tuff was it? Did you install a winch?

Thinking about this myself.

Tim
If you were asking me....yes I did all the install myself. Did not install a winch today though. That’ll probably sometime next year. Overall it wasn’t hard...the torsion bars were a bit of a pain but I ended up winning with the BFH! Lol

Reactions: yak51

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I am thinking about buying the winch now with some of the better pricing and installing it later. I'm an old guy now and not sure I can manage the weight. I'm considering the Warn Zeon 10 S. Any thoughts?

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

made an appointment at the workshop for tomorrow. looks and sounds like the cylinder head seal needs to be replaced

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk