• HTML tutorial

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

yesterday I got mad at my truck...

Did the oil change. Then a power steering fluid swap. Cleaned my steering rack and fixed the tierod boot that had fallen off. But now I was getting tired and I still had to check out my leaky front diff. Its had a slow leak at the pinion for a while. Fluid was low. so I dropped my skid. couldn't get the lower diff plug off. Felt like it was going to strip. It was getting dark. @jberry said to clean out the plug well and hammer the 10mm in. That worked got it off but my lubrimatic fluid pump thing wasn't working so I had to pour the oil back in. Ended up getting oil all over myself and the garage. Finally filled it. Had a hard time getting my skid to match up with my bent transmission skid. Its a love hate relationship with my truck. There was a lot of cursing.

SilverSurferJKU

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary Alberta
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Boksteyn
Member #

Installed a 60/L long range fuel tank that I picked up in Australia a few weeks ago from Uneek 4x4

After removing the Evap canister and relocating it above the rear axle with the included mount we pulled out the stock filler hose right to the gas tank and replaced it with a new filler and dual tank pipe

We did our test fit and marking out the holes to drilled out

The kit comes with everything including to heat shields for the resonator and exhaust pipe.

Installed and replumbed all the hoses and gas lines into the Evap to stock tank and installed the auxiliary fuel pump and ran the electrics up to the front dash. Ignition power coming from the auxiliary power of light in the dash

The pump transfers fuel at 2L per minute
Install time 5 hours
The new tank sits roughly 3/4 of an inch lower than the stock fuel tank in the jeep JK that's not to bad !

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Installed a 60/L long range fuel tank that I picked up in Australia a few weeks ago from Uneek 4x4

After removing the Evap canister and relocating it above the rear axle with the included mount we pulled out the stock filler hose right to the gas tank and replaced it with a new filler and dual tank pipe

We did our test fit and marking out the holes to drilled out

The kit comes with everything including to heat shields for the resonator and exhaust pipe.

Installed and replumbed all the hoses and gas lines into the Evap to stock tank and installed the auxiliary fuel pump and ran the electrics up to the front dash. Ignition power coming from the auxiliary power of light in the dash

The pump transfers fuel at 2L per minute
Install time 5 hours
The new tank sits roughly 3/4 of an inch lower than the stock fuel tank in the jeep JK that's not to bad !

Wow!!! Ok totally impressed. I am an idiot (mechanically). I am even more impressed that you have a lift at home!!!! I must be doing something wrong? Buy more lottery tickets ( high risk retirement plans).

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

SilverSurferJKU

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary Alberta
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Boksteyn
Member #

Wow!!! Ok totally impressed. I am an idiot (mechanically). I am even more impressed that you have a lift at home!!!! I must be doing something wrong? Buy more lottery tickets ( high risk retirement plans).
Hi and thanks
The lift is at my buddies house he bought on a shop action pretty cheap.. just keep a sharp eye out when you can I have one in your garage

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Wow!!! Ok totally impressed. I am an idiot (mechanically). I am even more impressed that you have a lift at home!!!! I must be doing something wrong? Buy more lottery tickets (high risk retirement plans).
You can actually pick up a used one and have it installed for a reasonable amount of money (I know, that's subjective). I have a few friends with them, some spent only $2k - $3k on theirs. I would have one but my garage isn't tall enough to get any use from it.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

You can actually pick up a used one and have it installed for a reasonable amount of money (I know, that's subjective). I have a few friends with them, some spent only $2k - $3k on theirs. I would have one but my garage isn't tall enough to get any use from it.
Yeah I only have about 12 inches clearance as it is but it one can dream.

Reactions: Craig M

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Drove up a 2 foot dirt embankment to test the 4wd in my car.. I was surprised how easy it was with 40 psi and crappy budget tires received_1267387233387635.jpeg

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Reactions: Charles_Alarie

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Worked On The Tent Today

Not really the rig, but what resides on the top of it.
On our vacation yesterweek to Mount Rainier National Park I chanted out the stock light bulb in the tents 12v housing for an LED one.
I attempted to power it up by sliding the switch without putting the plastic cover on the light housing, and the switch broke.
Not sure if it was because the cover was not on, or it was just time for it to break.

I had a battery WaganTech Dome Lantern with magnets on the backside that came to the rescue since I could attach it to the tents scissors lift arms.

I got a battery LED light from Autohome that I think is the same one they now use in their tents, but there was really no way to attach it to the fabric on the roof, and I did not want to cut the fabric away.

I had bought an LED RV light housing back in May from Amazon, and I installed it today.
Very bright, much brighter than the stock Autohome, and the battery one I just got.

Also added a little extra cushioning to the 3.5" mattress in the tent by adding a quilted full fitted mattress pad.
The mattress was pretty comfortable by itself, but is even nicer now by stretching out on it today.

I also broke one of the plastic clips that keeps the canvas door rolled up on the trip.
The mosquito netting door uses Velcro strips, a lot better, not sure why they went with the flimsy clips for the main door.
Thought I was going to have to add some Velcro, but after looking at it I just tucked the broken end through the fabric loop that the other clip end goes onto, and it keeps the door up just fine.
I may find a more permanent solution later, maybe I can even find that type of clip some where.
Mike from Autohome US is going to see if he can get some in on the next shipment of tents to the USA from Italy.

Links:

WAGAN 4301 #Camplites Dome Lantern Flashlight LED for Camping, Hiking, Emergencies

Lumitronics Designer LED RV Ceiling Dome Light Replacement 12V Lighting Fixture for RVs, Motorhomes, Campers, 5th Wheels, Trailers

Quilted Fitted Mattress Pad (Full) - Mattress Cover Stretches up to 16 Inches Deep - Mattress Topper by Utopia Bedding

Pics:

The broken clip is on the bottom, and it just sticks through the loop of the material that holds the female portion of the clip

New light, you can see it is much bigger than the light you can see in the first picture with the door clips

Let there be light, LED light

New mattress pad, nice and thick

Freshly washed flannel sheets

Same sheets and heavy weight down comforter I have on my bed in the home, and believe me, sleeping in the tent is very comfortable and warm

Everything in place ready for the top to come down
Also the new tents are now shipping with a ladder bag, I have one on order from Autohome.
This way I will not have to wipe off the ladder with a towel when it is time to pack it into the tent, and it will protect the bedding better.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Winched-up the WK today, with the RRO Hidden Winch Mount and Push Bar, Warn VR10000 winch, Warn Spydura Synthetic Rope, and some Factor 55 goodness. Was able to retain my Blue OX tow mount as well; took some extra work, but it worked out well. Very happy.

Yamawammer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pocatello, ID, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gillespie
Member #

Wired up relay/fuse block. Spent a week getting this all put together. 4 LED lights with the two rear lights running on one relay. Two side lights on another. Still have two spots left for future accessories. Still need to shrink wrap some ends and tie up the wiring. IMG_0865.jpgIMG_0868.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0913.jpgIMG_0915.jpg

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Had a good campout on the back side of Francis Peak. The trail got real narrow and steep. We weren't able to hit our planned camping spot (turns way too tight, expecially with a trailer) But found an alternative that worked.

OB# 3805

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Today I installed new spark plugs and cleaned the MAF sensor. I'm not having any issues, just doing maintenance. The old plugs were gapped 0.010 over spec, so it was definitely time.

Reactions: squishware