Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I have posted anything in this thread, but I spent part of the day doing much-needed maintenance. I dropped my rock sliders, gas tank skid, and transfer case skids to clean and paint. There was so much dirt and mud caked into the skid plates. I just did this a little over a year ago, so a good lesson to take some time and clean your sliders/skids. Here are a few photos:

Your rig just got about 40 lbs. lighter. lol

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Needed to take a break from term papers so I took the pups out for a little adventure. Checked out a new trail and let the pups swim in the creek to cool down. The trail was pretty easy, but there were a few technical sections that tested the breakover angle and chassis clearance that I finally had a chance to test and adjust to on the 4Runner. It was an overall good behind the wheel experience to get accustomed to the new rig compared to my previous rig.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I changed the oil in the Xterra, washed it, and did a quick check over. Leaving for a week at the beach on Friday so I wanted to get that out of the way before we left. I'm gonna upset her girls in the morning and make them vacuum it out too!

EODCoduto

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Muscle Shoals, AL, USA
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
I kicked the two pigeons out of my empty battery tray, this has delayed dropping my engine back in my a month because I couldn't bring myself to do it until they were ready. I also picked up a GM weatherpack connector kit to do all of the engine bay connections in the Suburban.

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

My brother called and said he needed some dirt, and to break in his new brakes. They washed his truck there, so we had to get it dirty.

Headed into Angeles National Forest and explored some back roads. Spring rains made for a lot of rockslides, we cleared a few, but eventually had to turn around because it became too frequent. Meh; PreRunner Problems.

After all the fun; found out I sheared off my OME exhaust mount, and put a little badge in the side. Here's the damage:

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Very productive weekend. Picked up the boat on Saturday, and the new Jeep on Sunday. Add roof rack, MaxTrax, and snorkel, and I'm back in business!!! Ordered an OzTent RV-2 to use with both the boat (fits on the bow) and the Jeep.

IMG_7976.PNG