Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Just ran mine through the car wash and still needs cleaning! About to windex it myself!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I had some kinda film on the inside of the windshield, it's been driving me nuts but I had never remembered it was there on nice days when I could do something about it.

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Reinstalled the Rola Rack after finding out the aftermarket brackets from 4xinnovations was bare steel. One day of rain and rust formed. Wet sanded it with 220, a couple coats of rust reformer, and a couple coats of flat black paint ought to do it.

Then took the family to the park for a Sunday picnic after church and used the rack for the stroller. No more jamming it between the second row and all the car seats inside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the flag on the rear qtr glass, I may have to change mine now!!

OB#3799

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

I finally got my OBA permanently installed.

Finished Product First
View attachment 28583
A shot from the underside before I finished the wiring.
View attachment 28582

A shot of the test bed to check the plumbing and electrical before the install.
View attachment 28579

Looks like a good location. I would suggest cutting your exhaust so that it dumps behind the axle if you do a lot of off-roading. Tacomas have been known to crush rear quarter panel with the exhaust. I know it may not be "technically" legal in some states but a exhaust shop can weld you a V-band clamp the two pieces so it can be reattached for inspections and removed easily for off-roading.
BEE4A8ED-9F40-4DEF-B741-CED411F5E674-25228-00001611D2CB7CB6.jpeg

Last edited:

Username Not Found

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oceanside, CA
Member #

Looks like a good location. I would suggest cutting your exhaust so that it dumps behind the axle if you do a lot of off roading. Tacomas have been known to crush rear quarter panel with the exhaust.View attachment 28695
Thanks for the advice. I haven't had any issues yet, but I also don't do any serious crawling with this rig. Still, it's a good thing to be aware of while picking lines, so thanks.

Reactions: Red Beard

TheAdventurousMind

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yorba Linda, CA
Member #

Getting closer to finishing my DIY bumper set up. Planning to do a youtube video on the build after. Im no fabricator, but it works! Just need to do the hinged locking lid for the Jerry cans, add one more support on the jerry can holder and get my license plate mounted and LED light (lic plate mount) wired. Then time for some rattle can work!

IMG_6920.JPG

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Getting closer to finishing my DIY bumper set up. Planning to do a youtube video on the build after. Im no fabricator, but it works! Just need to do the hinged locking lid for the Jerry cans, add one more support on the jerry can holder and get my license plate mounted and LED light (lic plate mount) wired. Then time for some rattle can work!

View attachment 28768
Looking good! Looking forward to your diy video.

OB# 3805

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Had my tire presure checked @ work. They were sitting at 27.5 PSI (1.8/1.9 bar) now they are at 32 PSI (2.2 bar) the more I got to know the cruiser the wierder the tires felt, now I know why, I was driving at way to low presures. Good thing thats fixed with 2 weeks of travels coming up :)

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Changed all the rotors and pads, and replaced the passenger-side front diff support so we're ready to leave next week to Jackson Hole then Moab. Took the better part of a morning but wasn't complicated.

IMG_0193.JPG

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Changed all the rotors and pads, and replaced the passenger-side front diff support so we're ready to leave next week to Jackson Hole then Moab. Took the better part of a morning but wasn't complicated.

View attachment 28975
Sadly will doing the same tomorrow except the support. LOL

Four corner brakes and rotors going to be adding a haul trailer and want to make I got the stoppers good and ready...

OB#3141
Experience is gained through hardships and the motivations to succeed.

Reactions: 04land

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

It's all my imagination but it always feels like the truck runs better with an oil change, new air filter and greased driveshafts.

Reactions: Zargon

Jeff Blake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New here so I thought I'd post up a photo of my rig. In the past couple of weeks I've done rock sliders, rear bumper, winch, bush cables, wheel arches, and a ton more. Over the past year I've rebuild the whole truck from the ground up (engine rebuild, cooling system, you name it)
Interior trim gutted, lots of electrical mods.

edit; sorry posting url's from iCloud photo service doesn't work. Looking into the easiest way to get a photo URL from photos app...

IMG_0669 by jeffaquablake, on Flickr

IMG_0983 by jeffaquablake, on Flickr

Last edited:

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I went out to Santa Ana on Wednesday to finalize my order with Jeff the owner of Deaver suspension.

Today I started fabing up my cross member for my 203/205 doubler... installing this thing is gonna be a pain in the @$$!

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 70 K20 Suburban

Reactions: ASNOBODY