Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I plan to do something similar but mount them high up so they also act as rear woking lights. I aim to put them on a separate switch so they can be activated anytime I wish (including when I'm being tailgated by boy racers).
That's the same thing I am considering. I was thinking of mounting something on the 3rd brake light on a mast of some sort, than can be raised and pivoted in camp.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

That's the same thing I am considering. I was thinking of mounting something on the 3rd brake light on a mast of some sort, than can be raised and pivoted in camp.
the lamps I have in mind are Lazer T2. I was thinking about fitting 2 (1 either side of the rear of the vehicle). Below is a photo of one of the lights and a photo of the beam pattern.

lazer_t2-main_2.jpg

t2_beam_pattern_web_1.jpg

Reactions: kg6zjl and Craig M

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Great idea, make sure to post pics when you're finished. I's love to see them....

Looks like these are only in the UK....

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Great idea, make sure to post pics when you're finished. I's love to see them....

Looks like these are only in the UK....
Check out lazerlamps.com I already have 2 x ST4 fitted to the front of my Defender. I have just ordered 1 x Triple R28 which should be arriving this week. Next will be the 2 x T2 for the back

tnev35

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
While having more of a utility light would be an optimal solution. Not having a rack or a tire carrier that I could manipulate for a desired outcome, I opted of a reverse gear activated light. I currently have a soft top on my JK.
A work in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

YPD1

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

yuma, az
Member #

IMG_4017.JPG IMG_4035.JPG My alternator started going out last night. Lucky the Toyota dealership was able to overnight a new one. So this morning, out with the old and later this afternoon, in with the new! Total turnaround time was about an hour.

AndyH

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Warriewood NSW, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hempsall
Member #

Finally got round to repositioning my roof light bars. I wasn't overly happy with the location when I first fitted them. Did it in a rush and didn't think it through properly. Felt they sat too high and got caught on stuff, this added to the fact the rangie is my daily driver and it was making it awkward to get into some car parks, it was time to do it properly. While everything was off I also repositioned the awning so now the rack is the highest point.

How they were before:
roof lights before.jpg
Everything removed
Tray and lights removed.jpg
Relocated and finished
all buttoned up.jpg

Reactions: chrispartida