What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thanks! Galt is near Sacramento.... but I like to tell everyone it’s near Lodi, because Johnny Cash is cool lol
In 1946 I lived in Sacramento, I loved it there . In July 1946 we moved 65 miles NE of Sacramento to a tiny village of Outingdale. Then it was very remote. I've always wanted to go back and see what it's like today. I know it is pretty well populated because I have scanned in on Google satellite. I did find the gorge in the river where I broke my neck as a kid in Our swimming hole but the rest was unrecognizable by air.

Reactions: JCWages and TJDon

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V

Influencer II

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Very neat. I wish I could figure out a place that I think is the most convenient and useful, interior and exterior. I don't much like electronics even though I have a degree in electronics from the Air Force as soon as I got out I got as far away as I could from it.
Where is Galt Ca. ?
Thank you for your service, I my self retired medical ly, a 1 1/2 ago ,(26yrs SSG)

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Thank you for your service, I my self retired medical ly, a 1 1/2 ago ,(26yrs SSG)
Thank YOU, for YOUR service. I only served 18 months, then the AF Dumped all radio operators after the Korean conflict, as they called it then.

I loved the AF, but I didn't have a critical AFC after the conflict, so they dumped thousands of us into the civilian market. My training was wasted even for being a control tower operator. I didn't like electronics anyway, I had wanted A+E school but my test scores were to high. You may know their thinking on that sort of thing.

Reactions: SSG ALLHANDS

DoubleA_FL

Rank I

Contributor II

Florida, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
DoubleA
Member #

bought tranny fluid, diff fluid, oil, and filters... yesterday I replaced some coolant lines and the air filter. Currently just trying to replace or fix as much of the last owners neglect as possible.
She gets new tires and an alignment tomorrow.
and just notices one of the rear door hinges is broken... so those will be the next big thing to fix. which means removing the rear door panel... which means fixing the lock too.... lol. fix one thing, break 3 more. and so it begins.

AA

Reactions: SSG ALLHANDS

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V

Influencer II

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

NICE INSTRUMENT TO HAVE. Where did you get it and how much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind my asking .
CBI off road,
NICE INSTRUMENT TO HAVE. Where did you get it and how much did you have to pay for it, if you don't mind my asking .
I got it at, tacomabeast.com, $39.00 plus shipping. ARB makes it.
bought tranny fluid, diff fluid, oil, and filters... yesterday I replaced some coolant lines and the air filter. Currently just trying to replace or fix as much of the last owners neglect as possible.
She gets new tires and an alignment tomorrow.
and just notices one of the rear door hinges is broken... so those will be the next big thing to fix. which means removing the rear door panel... which means fixing the lock too.... lol. fix one thing, break 3 more. and so it begins.

AA
What truck do you have

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Not on a weekend but over the last 6 months. Rear shell, bed rug, Prinsu racks, CBI rock sliders, Nitro 4:88 gears, 23 Zero Peregine awning and finally the MLO suspension to carry all the extra. I very pleased with "little one" now. Next year I'll add skid plates and a 12V system to the bed.
View attachment 116477View attachment 116478View attachment 116479View attachment 116480
4.88 gears ??? Is it 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. Unless you run some damn big tires your going to do good to drive 50 mph and drink more gas than a 18 wheeler. Why all the gear and you didn't even mention locking anything.

barnstormers

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rupert Idaho
Member #

4.88 gears ??? Is it 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. Unless you run some damn big tires your going to do good to drive 50 mph and drink more gas than a 18 wheeler. Why all the gear and you didn't even mention locking anything.
actually the 4:88 gears solve a problem the 3rd gen Tacomas have. the 6 speed is a double overdrive and the tranny is constantly hunting gears and over reving. I'm running a 255/85R16(33's) and at 80MPH the RPMs are 2400. My mileage actually went up with the swap. / Its 4WD. and the gear is because I want it and to be comfortable camping the way we like. I can carry my Flycraft boat to more places with the rack .Not sure why you ask about locking? the shell has a lock, the rest bolts on and lastly i live in rural Idaho we don't have to worry to much about thieves out here. If you get caught stealing you usually get shot. Great deterent

BlackToySteve

Rank I

Contributor I

Spokane Valley, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Morgan
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7GYB
My T100 3.slow came from the factory with 4.90s and 235/75s. Now has 5.29s for 33s.

And not everyone needs to run lockers. It’s application dependent. Though mine has a manual hubs and a front Lock-Right which does get used.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
actually the 4:88 gears solve a problem the 3rd gen Tacomas have. the 6 speed is a double overdrive and the tranny is constantly hunting gears and over reving. I'm running a 255/85R16(33's) and at 80MPH the RPMs are 2400. My mileage actually went up with the swap. / Its 4WD. and the gear is because I want it and to be comfortable camping the way we like. I can carry my Flycraft boat to more places with the rack .Not sure why you ask about locking? the shell has a lock, the rest bolts on and lastly i live in rural Idaho we don't have to worry to much about thieves out here. If you get caught stealing you usually get shot. Great deterent
LOL, the locker is for the differentials ! I can see your reasoning for the low gearing now. Now I know how f3500 trucks pass me on the Intersrate when I'm doing 80 mph.. I didn't know trucks had a double overdrive, I'm way behind on new technology. My old school tech wouldn't help you at all. I'm still out there running around with A three speed auto, 4.10 gears on 32" tires, turning 3500 rpm @ 55 mph, and no OD at all, and 10 mpg on gas.(wanna trade ?). To me 4.88 gears would be for quarter mile drag racers or 1/4 mile roundy round guys and rock crawlers in my rig. With my 4.10 gears in low range I can go anywhere or pull anything with ease.

Reactions: barnstormers