Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Working on getting the new Thule bike rack attached to the spare wheel. I just need to fine tune it a little (since taking this picture I've now re-mounted the bike rack offset to the right a bit to snug the bike wheel in behind the camper) , but it looks like it will do the job for us. I wanted something to attach to the spare wheel, so I could still utilize the swing-away on the Hitchgate, while leaving the bikes attached.

View attachment 115081
Nice bikes!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thanks. I purchased them both used on local classifieds last month. I used to ride and race DH way back, and haven't ridden for years. A couple months ago my Wife said we should look into getting bikes..... so it didn't take me long to jump on the door opening.
Haha I’d be right on that request lol.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Got my rig back from the dealer today. Had it checked for Service Engine Soon light as well as ABS light. For the Service Engine Light it threw a P0101 code. Dealer cleaned MAF sensor which fixed that. I bought a new sensor from Amazon anyway for later.

For ABS light it was because of my 6” lift. Shop did not extend or reroute brake line so lift was pulling lines and tearing it. Had to get them replaced and rerouted.

Before (line on top of control arm)
5DD94050-81A0-4EEB-A091-71595047EDC8.jpeg

After (line under control arm)
636ABF92-13E2-478E-9CD8-D9A84400FBE7.jpeg

We’ll see how she rides tomorrow....

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Fired it up and headed to town to "rescue" the lady in my life. Low beam headlights on her Trailblazer would not turn on. Since my rig was locked and loaded with tools, eletrical meter, and relays/fuses, away I went. Sticking relay swapped, and she was good to go on more errands about town.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Sorting and reorganizing gear in both van and trailer this weekend for another week-long adventure in the woods and waters of New England.

I'm still hauling stuff I used in the desert that I really don't need for another month or two when I head back out to the SW.
Also just playing with different packing arrangements.

This is a 'before I got to work on stuff' image.

packmaster_1650-900.jpg

Also finally got around to getting all my water jugs out, cleaned inside and out, and ready to be sanitized along with the trailer's 22 gal tank.
I'm working on an article about off-grid and keeping water containers clean, so snapped a mess of pics.

I only keep the black 5gal w/tap jug with me at all times, and any number from 1-all of the LCI jerrys come with depending on where I'm going and for how long.
The black 5gal is perfect for camp use, using when I have the van only, and because it has a bottom tap, for hauling water to refill the trailer tank.

watersanitize_1705-900.jpg

The shower hose is hooked up (as is the faucet on the other side) so I can cycle both the bleach solution and the rinse through the tank and all lines.

watersanitize_1699-900.jpg

waterjug-filling_0869-900.jpg

Reactions: eagle_A40

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Billybob, do you have a build site for your trailer ? If so I and others would like to see it.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Love the tire and wheel combo!
The Wrangler is maybe the best off roader ever and definitely the worst highway cruiser. The trend is to build it for off roading but if it is already the best off roader, why not do a few off roading compromises to make it a better overlander. Look back at what we did 40 years ago and do it again.

These 7.50R16s are the BEST riding tires I've had on a Wrangler since the Wrangler was first built in 1987. And I've owned 5 since then. My first Jeep was an M38, it was also the first vehicle I bought,,,, in 1974.

Heres the inspiration...

My Uncle with his Government Issued Jeep in 1944.... when ALL Jeeps were Government Issued... somewhere in Europe.

Uncle Bill 1944.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: