Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
hey whats going on, i'm in the same area as @cgflyer but don't mind doing a couple hours down to meet up. Flag pole knob is awesome, i usually take the bike out and leave the full size back at camp so if anybody else rides dirt bikes or quads let me know! i gotta couple more buds that'd come out for a camp and ride
We're talking about a weekend trip in May. Should be a good time!

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
looks like @jakeandhisdodge decided to change his username!...Let me know if you are going to head out there. I still haven't done Flag Pole Knob yet and might try to go out early. If you want to caravan, we can meet up or if you don't want to drive your 10 mpg Dodge, you can tag along.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Lots of hiking, camping, fishing ect. Couple Forest Service roads in the area. I live entirely too close to spend no more time out there than I do. There's also Sherwood Lake close by me too.

Reactions: witchdoctor_33

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I'd definitely be game for a meet up for a Flagpole Run. The last time we did it was a few weeks ago. weather changed quickly once we hit Meadow Knob and turned icy. we made the decision not to finish Union Springs. I've got several other rigs close by in and around RVA that would join in as well

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
Hi everyone, my friend and I will be hiking the Virginia triple crown and finishing up on 2-9-2020. It looks like we will be about 20 minutes away from you . I would love to meet up with you guys but we are 7 hours away and we work in the morning. What kind of ride are you guys planning, is it worth getting home at 2 in the morning for?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't think we have any plans of doing a ride. Just get together for some BBQ at Mission in Roanoke.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
I don't think we have any plans of doing a ride. Just get together for some BBQ at Mission in Roanoke.
Oh ok, good to know. Maybe another time then.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey folks. I'm not gonna make it out today. I just can't kick whatever this is that's got ahold of me plus I still have a feverish kid. Maybe we can reschedule this month.

Reactions: smlobx

BRIAN NABY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nabywaniec
Member #

ANNNND I'm still not getting notifications! Anyway good new everyone.... the jeep is fixed! And about 40lbs heavier in the front end. Would love to hit a trail or camp asap. Is there any campgrounds or large areas we could maybe me up and camp at? A lot of them are seasonal. I will do better to log in and check the feed.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
ANNNND I'm still not getting notifications! Anyway good new everyone.... the jeep is fixed! And about 40lbs heavier in the front end. Would love to hit a trail or camp asap. Is there any campgrounds or large areas we could maybe me up and camp at? A lot of them are seasonal. I will do better to log in and check the feed.
@Michael notifications still seem hit or miss here.

I'm thinking up a route for March. Need to update the rally point after while. Probably not going to make it back to Roanoke after this one because of the route. Could possibly camp in this area Saturday beforehand though. Have to look but Douthat still has one campground open.