Thewaddsquad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Wadding
Hey y’all I’m just getting started and I’m from the Pittsburgh area, y’all honestly seem to be the closest ones to me lol. Do you guys have a calendar/ know of any big events that you can send me a lik to?

Thewaddsquad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Wadding
Love the idea! My question is the date. Have to replace my drag link, tierod and steering stabilizer....MODS!!
Shold have the parts this coming week and hope to be running a stronger front end by weeks out.

Side note there is a weekend ride going on at flagpole knob in February. Ill find out details ASAP!
Please do id love to attend and February is about the time i should be done with my mods as well haha

Reactions: Turnerxc

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey y’all I’m just getting started and I’m from the Pittsburgh area, y’all honestly seem to be the closest ones to me lol. Do you guys have a calendar/ know of any big events that you can send me a lik to?
The dates are posted in the Calendar that's linked at the top of the page. There also should be a list of dates on the first page of the thread but there's been some issues with the rally point date selection so I've got to double check them today.

We'd love to have you and since it's such a long drive for just a one day event, I can recommend some camping spots so you could make a weekend out of it if you'd like. Some of the camp grounds close down this time of year but there's plenty of dispersed camping available.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Please do id love to attend and February is about the time i should be done with my mods as well haha
I may be in for this as well. It depends on the weather. That place gets slick and the last time I was up there in the winter, it was a solid sheet of ice. I hate driving on ice so I left.

I've considered a two day trip up there for a meetup this spring when the weather breaks a little. See what level of vehicles are going to attend and pick between the Switzer Lake trail and the Union Springs trail. Camp at the base Friday night, wheel over to West Augusta and camp Saturday night then make a meet-up somewhere for lunch on Sunday for those who didn't ride to meet-up with us. Try to split the day's between riding and hanging out at camp pretty well so there's lots of time around a camp fire relaxing for all the effort of setting up camp.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Who all is planning on going Sunday? Would like a rough count so we don't roll out before everyone shows up.

123mfg

Rank I

Contributor III

Hardy, VA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Jividen
I’d like to go as well if there won’t be too much mud. My tires are shot and I’m not sure if I’ll have a new set on by then. Looking at Cooper stt pro.

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I’d like to go as well if there won’t be too much mud. My tires are shot and I’m not sure if I’ll have a new set on by then. Looking at Cooper stt pro.
I don't think Mike has anything planned that's too challenging. This is mainly just to go see the sights this weekend. We're looking at some more challenging stuff later in the year but there'll be warnings posted about minimum needs then.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We're headed to Mission BBQ now. Probably be there about 15 till 3 for anybody who wants to come by and hang out for a bit!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Had a good day yesterday!

Nice to meet you @123mfg , hope you can make it out next month.

We started talking about a weekend up at Flag Pole in May over BBQ yesterday evening. The idea is to camp Friday night, ride the trail Saturday and camp on the other side Saturday night.

We also discussed a possible weekend at an offroad park to get some folks who might not have experience off-road comfortable on the trails and used to using spotters. Possibly some first aid training as well if there's interest.

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Anybody got anything in mind for February?

If anyone is interested and knows of a place for us to get together we could do a little radio play/work. I need to go through @witchdoctor_33 radio and we could do a little show and tell.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Is this still happening? I'm a few hours away, but am a tentative attendee...

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Is this still happening? I'm a few hours away, but am a tentative attendee...

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Sure is! We usually hang out for some BBQ and tire kicking (weather dependent).

"Watch" the thread with the button above the top post for updates. We occasionally take a ride around the area and are planning some trips later in the year.

Reactions: Turnerxc

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

hey whats going on, i'm in the same area as @cgflyer but don't mind doing a couple hours down to meet up. Flag pole knob is awesome, i usually take the bike out and leave the full size back at camp so if anybody else rides dirt bikes or quads let me know! i gotta couple more buds that'd come out for a camp and ride

Reactions: TerryD