Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I've spent more free road time in west Texas than anywhere else over the years, and if I'm in the area, would love to be part of whatever you get going.

Been researching property in Brewster and Presidio counties for over a year, especially up near Marathon. If I do get acreage there, I've had the thought of occasionally opening it up to various groups as base camp or rendezvous spot for trips to the many cool places in the area. Big Bend, Davis Observatory, Monahans, etc...just about anything from El Paso to Langtry.

cglasco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Amarillo,Tx
Member #

A group of us from the Amarillo area are planning a trip to Mills Canyon,NM the last weekend of October. If any of you guys would like to join.

Reactions: Matt L.

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

A group of us from the Amarillo area are planning a trip to Mills Canyon,NM the last weekend of October. If any of you guys would like to join.
I am not familiar with Mills Canyon. Can you give a little detail of what fun the weekend might include? It look great from the pictures on the internet. - Matt L.

cglasco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Amarillo,Tx
Member #

Yes, in the canyon we will be camping down river from the main campground. there isn't much wheeling, but we can cross the river about 7 times . There are some old building or whats left of them to explore and just hanging out and some good food. There are two dirt roads that are public that we can drive up to Mosquero,Nm . Both are neat drives.

Maverick1701

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tiedemann
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KBG
I am not familiar with Mills Canyon. Can you give a little detail of what fun the weekend might include? It look great from the pictures on the internet. - Matt L.
That looks like an awesome place (from the internet pics). I might be able to tag along if you are still looking for people.

Also, ref the thread, I'm in Lubbock. Shoot me a pm if anyone wants to hit some trails

Reactions: USStrongman