US West Weekend at Ocotillo Wells and Anza Borrego, January 19th-20th (Weather Permitting) - 01/19/2019

• HTML tutorial

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

This sounds like fun. I am going to try to make it, at least for the day. I am coming from San Diego, so I'll meet at the staging area. What time do you expect to arrive there?
Hello Square Foot

We are looking to be in the general area (Arco station at Highway 86 and S22) to fill up for gas, get ice, etc. and then head to the staging area, so between 9:00-9:30.

Here is my number: 949-554-9110

Give me a text call around 8AM and I can give you a better ETA. We'll have been on the road for about an hour at that point.

From the staging area we will be going to set up camp and then hit the trails. Hopefully by 10ish. Lunch on the trails!

Jeff

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

Vincent, if you are still planning on joining us, can you please RSVP to the event, so we have a better head count. Thank you.
Looking forward to this wet weather!!![emoji92]

OV Gecko

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Diego, Ca
First Name
David
Last Name
Lohlein
Member #

I'll be camping out at bow willow campground. My Toyota Offroad vehicle club will be out there Saturday but my daughter and I will be out there from Friday till Monday. How long are you guys gonna be out there?

Reactions: JandAOffRoad

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

I'll be camping out at bow willow campground. My Toyota Offroad vehicle club will be out there Saturday but my daughter and I will be out there from Friday till Monday. How long are you guys gonna be out there?
Most of us will be out there from Saturday until Sunday afternoon. A few are making it a day trip on Saturday, but most are camping out Saturday night and leaving Sunday.

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Looking forward to this wet weather!!![emoji92]
Is there another page to RSVP?
No just this one and the weather report does not show any rain in the area this weekend. Sunny with some clouds and around 70 to 71 degrees during the day, and low 50's at night.

That does not mean that some of the wash areas won't have mud from previous rain, so we'll have to see how the terrain looks when we get there.

Reactions: T-88

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

Will we need any kind of reservation, charge, or permit required for camping and off-roading?

Reactions: T-88

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Wife and I will be coming from Las Vegas, leaving tonight and finding someplace close to Ocotillo Wells way to stay tonight.

Based on what I have read earlier I assume the local rally point is the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area around 09:00.

Is that correct or is there another location I should look for?

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Wife and I will be coming from Las Vegas, leaving tonight and finding someplace close to Ocotillo Wells way to stay tonight.

Based on what I have read earlier I assume the local rally point is the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area around 09:00.

Is that correct or is there another location I should look for?
Yes we plan on being in the Ocotillo area by 9AM and meet at the staging area inside the 4X4 Training Area.

Keep in mind that CORVA has their annual Poker Run going on out there this weekend and will also be setting up camps in and around where we are meeting, and it’s a 3 day weekend, so it should be a good group out there and we’ll all somewhat blend in.

Here is cell number (949-554-9110)..shoot me a text when you get into the general area around 9ish and I’ll let you know where we are at. There should be service in the area I’m referring to.

See you tomorrow and drive safely from Vegas.

Jeff

Reactions: Jacob Silberfarb

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Is that the nearest fuel to the rally point? What town is it in?

My vehicle is a Grey FJ Cruiser with a black roof.
Yes we will be making a stop at Arco at the corner of S-22 and Highway 86 to top off, grab ice, firewood if necessary, etc. and then drive a mile or so up S22 before we turn off to the 4X4 Training area.