Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

I have all the yellow post's marked on my gps. If I can figure out how to export them, I can give them to you.
Good Day, Is there anything around the Elsinore mountains? Looking to visit this weekend to a Rigs and coffee event located there? Having a hell of a time finding dispersed sites locally!

Reactions: RiptydRick

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Good Day, Is there anything around the Elsinore mountains? Looking to visit this weekend to a Rigs and coffee event located there? Having a hell of a time finding dispersed sites locally!
Theres a few there. I dont have those unfortunately. Its still crazy trying to find something. You need to look mid week and hope someone hasn't been camping there for a while.

Reactions: Lead Dog

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Theres a few there. I dont have those unfortunately. Its still crazy trying to find something. You need to look mid week and hope someone hasn't been camping there for a while.
Yea, We are driving in from out of town and cant do the early pre check! Just trying to find a decent area to start looking! TY

FastLayne

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Layne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IQS

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Anyone still around? Or did the corona get you all?
I'm still around, not dead yet.
Doug Wright is heading out next weekend for Laural Lakes near Mammoth. Don't know who will be joining him. I won't be going; my son will be taking my truck and trailer next week to June Lake.
I am thinking of going to Utah near Bryce Canyon in a month or two.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

No mask & no rona, still here!

Truck is in 14 day quarantine :p jk getting a new head gasket... Ready for another meet up when she’s back up & running!

...I was starting to think the IE thread tested positive for covid lol.

Nice to hear from y’all!

Reactions: WrightRunner

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Like everyone else, this virus has thrown a wrench into the majority of our plans for this year. We quit counting the number of events/trips that we've had to cancel/re-schedule.

I'm right in the middle of getting some NAV & COMMS stuff installed in the BEAST. I got my Technician license a few months back, so now I'm legal.

We ran up to Big Bear lake area for a quick overnighter in one of the Yellow Post sites & I had the bright idea to do the Red Canyon Jeep Trail on one of the hottest days of the year so far, but that's about all I've done. Really nice area & a fairly easy trail. I'd like to go back, do a little exploring & maybe spend the night when it's not 112 degrees.

Hope everyone is hanging in there & looking forward to getting together again some day soon...

Incomingnachos

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hemet Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Salcido
Member #

Hi guys and gals! Tom from Hemet here. I’m an avid camper and I’m slowly getting the wife to relinquish funds to turn my 2005 Silverado 1500 into an overlanding truck! Everyone is excited, but I’m not exactly sure where to go during the winter. Any good suggestions out there? I’m looking forward to this rona scare being over so I can make it to the next meet and greet. Cheers!

Carl Sandvik

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Aqueduct Lane, Chino Hills, CA 91709
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sandvik
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5LFE
Hi guys and gals! Tom from Hemet here. I’m an avid camper and I’m slowly getting the wife to relinquish funds to turn my 2005 Silverado 1500 into an overlanding truck! Everyone is excited, but I’m not exactly sure where to go during the winter. Any good suggestions out there? I’m looking forward to this rona scare being over so I can make it to the next meet and greet. Cheers!
Anza Borrego, Calico, Mojave Trail are some great areas in the winter.

Reactions: Daryl 32

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Hi Tom, I’m also from Hemet! I’m really looking forward to desert season this year. We’ve been working on a run, hopefully in November. I’m headed out to the Mojave Preserve this weekend, and there are plenty of amazing places there. October is hunting season out there though , just so you are aware. Joshua Tree and Anza Borrego are also great desert places, but Death Valley is the best in my opinion. Hopefully we’ll meet up and hit the trail soon!

Reactions: Incomingnachos

Incomingnachos

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hemet Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Salcido
Member #

Hi Tom, I’m also from Hemet! I’m really looking forward to desert season this year. We’ve been working on a run, hopefully in November. I’m headed out to the Mojave Preserve this weekend, and there are plenty of amazing places there. October is hunting season out there though , just so you are aware. Joshua Tree and Anza Borrego are also great desert places, but Death Valley is the best in my opinion. Hopefully we’ll meet up and hit the trail soon!
That sounds awesome! I have two kids, but they are adventurous, so I’m sure they would love it. I have military duty this weekend or I’d join ya!