I got a buddy that might come as long as we can get kitchen passes. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

All other updates to this trail will be put in the other thread so keep an eye out there.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

jblinga

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City
Member #

Skyline Drive? Hoping the snow will be gone up there soon.

I've done 2 trips to San Rafael Swell so far this year. Will be damn hot down there in July though haha

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

Skyline Drive? Hoping the snow will be gone up there soon.

I've done 2 trips to San Rafael Swell so far this year. Will be damn hot down there in July though haha
I just went this weekend! But we only did one night, got there about 5, left at about 12 the next day so we didn't see any crazy heat.

Reactions: DaveSLC

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Alright guys, looking to get an overnighter scheduled for Labor Day weekend. It's a long weekend (for most of us) so we can either go for one night or two. Save time to be with the family.

Let me hear your ideas and input.

Russell Peters

tarouszars

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spanish Fork, Utah
Member #

Skyline Drive from Hwy 6 to I-70 is on my bucket list

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Me too. I've done the top half in the past. Last week I had planned on doing the bottom half but the roads being wetter than planned ruined that for us. We also ran into 6 foot deep glacier that forced us to turn around. Glacier was just after the Reeder Canyon ATV trail. We ended up dropping down to spring city to go around it.

I have heard some years that glacier never melts so that is something to look into. There is also a boulder on the road just before the glacier that is about half the size of my 4Runner. It might be fine in the dry but with the roads slightly wet we kept sliding into it and scratched both vehicles. I don't think a full size vehicle would fit past it.

DaveSLC

Rank 0

Contributor II

Me too. I've done the top half in the past. Last week I had planned on doing the bottom half but the roads being wetter than planned ruined that for us. We also ran into 6 foot deep glacier that forced us to turn around. Glacier was just after the Reeder Canyon ATV trail. We ended up dropping down to spring city to go around it.

I have heard some years that glacier never melts so that is something to look into. There is also a boulder on the road just before the glacier that is about half the size of my 4Runner. It might be fine in the dry but with the roads slightly wet we kept sliding into it and scratched both vehicles. I don't think a full size vehicle would fit past it.
Sounds like fun! Do you have any pix of the glacier and the boulder?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

After a quick Google search, Skyline Drive looks like a winner. Now what nights would be best. I got one for a Friday night/Saturday. I think one night would be good with this trail. Does that work for most?

Russell Peters

Reactions: Matt Slaymaker