Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
How do you become a 'benefactor?' I saw someone with this 'tab' similar to a 'supporter' or 'member.'
It's the same as supporter, but $20 a month. I spend more than that per week at Starbucks. I'm signing up next week!

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I assume you sign up as a benefactor in the store? Seems to me people should get a free "Benefactor" t-shirt when you sign up. Maybe a free shirt after 6 months or something. In fact, I officially propose that benefactors get a special Benefactor shirt after 6 months. Any seconds on my motion?

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I assume you sign up as a benefactor in the store? Seems to me people should get a free "Benefactor" t-shirt when you sign up. Maybe a free shirt after 6 months or something. In fact, I officially propose that benefactors get a special Benefactor shirt after 6 months. Any seconds on my motion?
It's under "account upgrades". Right column, near the bottom...
IMG_4892.PNG

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Haha - you guys are great. Thanks to those of you who have "found" this. We've received may requests actually for folks who want to help more and this seemed the best way to go. Thanks to @Scott Bastian for the recommendation. @Corrie is in the process of figuring out what benefactors get before we officially role this out, but ya, t-shirts and other items/benefits seem appropriate!

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

For me, the benefit of being a Benefactor is giving @Michael and @Corrie resources to keep this amazing community connected!
Thank you!! We appreciate it. The overhaul we did on the site last month has increased our costs substantially, and we can't do it without you guys.

And on that note...

We're rolling out the Supporter, 'Supporter +' and Benefactor tiers officially today. I'm working on the content now! Current Benefactors... You've got a sweet, sweet package coming at you... :D

Everyone else... Stay tuned! :laughing:

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ok - Here's the updated and streamlined Account Upgrade page: https://overlandbound.com/forums/account/upgrades

3 different levels to contribute with as much awesome packed in as possible.

This program has become a big initiative for us, and @MeginOBTeam and I will be working closely to make sure Supporters are taken care of! :)

As always, let me know your feedback and questions. High fives and hugs!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I'll answer in more detail when I get home!
M
One more quick question. "Influencer II" requires "three approved posts". The only place I'm seeing posts that are marked "OB Approved" is in Overland Bound Boot Camp. But there are only 18 total, so far? Getting three seems impossible. Am I not understanding something?
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.54.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.46.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

One more quick question. "Influencer II" requires "three approved posts". The only place I'm seeing posts that are marked "OB Approved" is in Overland Bound Boot Camp. But there are only 18 total, so far? Getting three seems impossible. What am I missing?
You can create a thread to contribute a Boot Camp article in the appropriately named "Contribute an Article" forum. These should be detailed tutorials or how-to type threads. @Michael will then review the topic, and discuss potential edits, improvements, etc. to get it up to snuff. Once that is done, Michael will approve the thread and move it into the "Overland Bound Boot Camp forum. There shouldn't be any in there that are not approved, which is why I moved a couple today.

Make sense? I look forward to your contribution!

Reactions: Michael

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
You can create a thread to contribute a Boot Camp article in the appropriately named "Contribute an Article" forum. These should be detailed tutorials or how-to type threads. @Michael will then review the topic, and discuss potential edits, improvements, etc. to get it up to snuff. Once that is done, Michael will approve the thread and move it into the "Overland Bound Boot Camp forum. There shouldn't be any in there that are not approved, which is why I moved a couple today.

Make sense? I look forward to your contribution!
Copy that. So only one member has qualified as "Influencer II". Congrats @stringtwelve, that's not an easy thing to accomplish!
I must say, it seem like the requirements for "Influencer II" and "Influencer III" are backwards, considering all it takes to become an "Influencer III" is an Instagram post.
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 3.22.06 PM.png

Last edited:

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
One other thing... When I click upgrade from my tablet I am taken to the page with the upgrade selections. I can see them all. When I do it from my laptop, I am taken to an "error page" and requested to login, even though I am already logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.