Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
So, to be specific, for February meet at Horn Rapids Camp ground 46.38049, -119.43573. It is 8.4 miles from Bombing Range Brewing.tempsnip.jpg

Last edited:

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I plan to be there. Has the Rally Point updated since the last meetup or is the attendee list form the last one? Is there a head count on who's coming and how many people they are bringing so people can plan for the potluck? I'll be by myself, anyone who thinks they are coming please post if you're bringing family or other guests so we can plan accordingly. Also an idea of what you want to bring for the potluck. As long as i don't get crazy busy (supposed to start planting onions any day) I was thinking I would bring some type of smoked meat... haven't figured out what kind yet.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@JL Lou , could you set up another RP for the 22nd of February with the updated information, then post the link back here. That way people can rsvp for accurate counts.

Thanks,

Mike Rose
OB#20990
Member Rep

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Ok everybody, Sorry for the delay but the RP HAS been updated. Looks like the weather will be good till Saturday night so I hope you all have a blast.
There is a lot of space at the Horne Rapids CG. Might be a good idea if somebody has a portible firepit to bring it. If wood is needed for the pit maybe each rig could bring a bundle.
I am bummed that I will not make this one since i am in the great salty state of Michigan. I mean, there is so much snow and salt all thats needed is Tequila.
I would be cool if you all took some pictures and posted them here after as well.

Here is the forcast....
Capture.PNG

Reactions: M Rose

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I have a line on a propane fire pit I can bring if we don't want to bother with wood. My friend I built it for still hasn't paid me so I steal it back any time I need one, it's been a couple years so I don't think he really plans on paying me at this point...

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I am coming alone, If someone is bringing meat, I will bring drinks and chips. I will also bring a 20# propane bottle

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

jarsfamily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

I am 90% going to be there with the family and can definitely bring wood. I always have plenty of wood to burn. We are going to bring our 4 runner this time and if all goes according to plan it will be freshly lifted the day before

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I am 90% going to be there with the family and can definitely bring wood. I always have plenty of wood to burn. We are going to bring our 4 runner this time and if all goes according to plan it will be freshly lifted the day before
Glad you guys will 90% be there! Bummed I will miss the 4runner. @MrWilsonWJ. Will be bringing a propane fire pit so the wood nay not be required.
So wishing I were there, this is gunna be a good one!

Reactions: jarsfamily

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I think doing the propane pit will keep it simple so we don't have to bother with wood or deal with the ashes once we're done. I'll try to figure out my meat of choice tomorrow so people can plan any sides they might want to bring to go along with it. Sounds like this should shape up to be a good time! Anyone planning to stay the night since we'll already be at a camp ground? I thought about it but I have plans for later that evening.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I was just trying to help... I’ll quietly bow out now...

And yes pictures... lots n lots of pictures
Oh I know, and I do appreciate it.
I was trying to get the RP updated early yesterday at work but kept getting kicked out so had to do it from home

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Quick question on our meet up location... Has anyone been out there to know the layout and where we want to setup shop? I have only seen pictures and looked at a sat view. Looks like when you enter the park to the right past the campground there is a large open gravel horse camp/ staging area. This would allow us to park rigs and setup however we want as long as it isn't busy, not sure on the bathroom situation over there. And to the left when you enter the park going towards the boat launch it looks like there is a day use area with a lined parking lot, and what appears to be a bathroom and maybe a gazebo, lots of grass as well. Again not sure if the bathrooms would even be open this time of year. Any thoughts from the group as to how and where we want to setup? @JL Lou, not trying to throw you under the bus but since you're pretty close, any chance you might have time to cruise out there this week and do a little recon for us? Unless someone has been there and has some advice they want to post up...

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Quick question on our meet up location... Has anyone been out there to know the layout and where we want to setup shop? I have only seen pictures and looked at a sat view. Looks like when you enter the park to the right past the campground there is a large open gravel horse camp/ staging area. This would allow us to park rigs and setup however we want as long as it isn't busy, not sure on the bathroom situation over there. And to the left when you enter the park going towards the boat launch it looks like there is a day use area with a lined parking lot, and what appears to be a bathroom and maybe a gazebo, lots of grass as well. Again not sure if the bathrooms would even be open this time of year. Any thoughts from the group as to how and where we want to setup? @JL Lou, not trying to throw you under the bus but since you're pretty close, any chance you might have time to cruise out there this week and do a little recon for us? Unless someone has been there and has some advice they want to post up...
Last time we we gathered at the parking area to the left near the bathroom. Will need to verify the restroom is open. May be able to call benton County parks and get them to unlock it the morning of....

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Last time we we gathered at the parking area to the left near the bathroom. Will need to verify the restroom is open. May be able to call benton County parks and get them to unlock it the morning of....
I'll try to get a hold of them to see if it's open or if they can unlock it for us. Is that a gazebo next to the bathrooms in the day use space?

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I'll try to get a hold of them to see if it's open or if they can unlock it for us. Is that a gazebo next to the bathrooms in the day use space?
Yeah it's like an informational hut. Not sure how useful it would be.

Joejoe223

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Merenz
Sorry I have been quiet. The app wasn’t letting me log in for some reason. But I’m back. Plan to be there. What time are we planning to meet?

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Sorry I have been quiet. The app wasn’t letting me log in for some reason. But I’m back. Plan to be there. What time are we planning to meet?
The rally point says noon