Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

How does everyone feel about pulled pork for Saturday's get together? I'm thinking about smoking a pork butt. Scrolling through here and the RP looks like we might have around 8-10 people so plan your potluck contribution around that. Anyone heard from @garrett.goodwin4320, I see he's RSVP'd on the RP but haven't seen him around here. Looking forward to Saturday!
For some reason I was not getting alerts on this. Thanks for saying something when you were at the store so I could look it up. Sadly I lost track of time and totally missed the whole event. Hopefully someone took notes and can upload so we can all try and stay in the loop.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
For some reason I was not getting alerts on this. Thanks for saying something when you were at the store so I could look it up. Sadly I lost track of time and totally missed the whole event. Hopefully someone took notes and can upload so we can all try and stay in the loop.
We missed ya.

Reactions: TerraRoamer

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We missed ya.
First event I have missed in a while. Trying to get the house put back together after the water pump sprung a leak.

Next month I am starting an EMT course and it is requiring some saturday classes so hopefully I can meet the next few events. The class goes until the end of May.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Weekend Recap: February 22

Members Present: We had five members and one non member show up. Dustin (@MrWilsonWJ ) Kennewick, Lou ( @JL Lou) Richland, Christopher (@RyuKyuRvr ) North of Spokane, my wife Kallie (@KRose) La Grande, myself (@Slimpartywagon ) La Grande) and Christopher’s SO Aonie from Richland.

Topics of interest:
Lou was the first on the scene with his Orange Jeep. He was great full to get out of the house and meet the Crew for the first picnic of 2019 . Lou is itching to get out in the trails and is looking forward to getting his Jeep a little muddy on a trail ride or two in the upcoming months.

Kallie and Mike Rose showed up in a 2007 Ford Focus. Heavily modded with a cb antenna. Kallie brought her 1/10 scale crawler and drove around some of the trails and finding a few obstacles to crawl over. They also brought their dog Rosie who loved barking at every one that was part of the group. She even learned how to honk the horn when a Golden Retriever got to close to the car and wouldn’t pay attention to her.

Dustin brought his homemade lp gas fire pit. It has an interesting backstory. He discussed how he made it, mods he wants to make for it, and we all soaked in the heat as the afternoon drew on and the wind picked up. Dustin Drove his Dodge Ram as his WJ is currently getting work some work done to it and he has been busy with moving and setting up his house. He brought his very tame Mastiff/Great Dane mix who was most content sniffing every one and steeling love from all those who would give it to her.

Christopher came all the way down from Spokane to visit with his SO and they decided to drop in on us; which was a very pleasant surprise. He is drove a Landrover Discovery that he uses as a DD, although he has several other Landrovers of different models and time eras to choose to drive depending on his mood and their current state of repair.

Future Events:

Talk of the next meetup suggestions were made. Dustin brought the idea of overnight campout at a lake with some hiking trails for next month.
Lou is going to beworking swing shift for a while, so he isn’t sure if he will make the next meetup regardless of campout, trail ride, or another picnic.
Mike and Kallie said they won’t be able to make the next one because of conflicts with other meetups in other parts of the NW Region, but will help organize the next event however they can.
Christopher is hesitant to make a commitment at this point in time because he lives so far north, but is up to making the trip again in the future.

Members missed:
We had several members that weren’t able to make the event.
Mike D (@PNW EXPLR ) was working this month in Michigan and won’t be back until April.
Garret Goodwin (@garrett.goodwin4320 )has some unforeseen pump issues he needed to fix from the flooding earlier this month.
Stephen (@TerraRoamer ) had to work swing shift so couldn’t make it.

Issues discussed:
Resetting the Rally Point RSVP list each month for better head count as well as the event location as it changes monthly. Members fallow the RP thread to keep up to date and want to use the same RP for a yearly journal.
Members not receiving notifications of updates posts and Updated RPs: apparently several members (Myself included) aren’t getting notifications of new RPs and new post to Meetup threads they are participating in.
Pictures: not enough documentation with pictures of rigs and people. It would be nice to get group rig shots, maybe a walk around of a few of the rigs. Then a picture of rig and driver would be nice as well. More pictures of members sitting around shooting the breeze.

conclusion:
It was a very nice mid February day. The food was amazing. Thanks Dustin for smoking the Pork, Christopher hats off to your SO (hurry up and marry that one) her Encheladas we’re off the charts (Kallie ate a plate full today and then I polished off the rest cold right out of the bucket). I felt bad for bringing mediocre (at best ) patsto and macaroni salads (we will make fresh next time). The discussions were all over the place from rigs to personal lives to past trips. We look forward to getting together again and making 2020 spectacular.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
US Northwest Overland Bound Regional Director
OUT

Last edited:

Joejoe223

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Merenz
Sorry I wasn’t able to make it out. Was getting my garden expanded and found a wire about 6 inches below ground that wasn’t marked and couldn’t tell what it was. Had to make a ton of calls and wait for people to show up.

Reactions: M Rose

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Weekend Recap: February 22

Members Present: We had five members and one non member show up. Dustin (@MrWilsonWJ ) Kennewick, Lou ( @JL Lou) Richland, Christopher (@RyuKyuRvr ) North of Spokane, my wife Kallie (@KRose) La Grande, myself (@Slimpartywagon ) La Grande) and Christopher’s SO Aonie from Richland.

Topics of interest:
Lou was the first on the scene with his Orange Jeep. He was great full to get out of the house and meet the Crew for the first picnic of 2019 . Lou is itching to get out in the trails and is looking forward to getting his Jeep a little muddy on a trail ride or two in the upcoming months.

Kallie and Mike Rose showed up in a 2007 Ford Focus. Heavily modded with a cb antenna. Kallie brought her 1/10 scale crawler and drove around some of the trails and finding a few obstacles to crawl over. They also brought their dog Rosie who loved barking at every one that was part of the group. She even learned how to honk the horn when a Golden Retriever got to close to the car and wouldn’t pay attention to her.

Dustin brought his homemade lp gas fire pit. It has an interesting backstory. He discussed how he made it, mods he wants to make for it, and we all soaked in the heat as the afternoon drew on and the wind picked up. Dustin Drove his Dodge Ram as his WJ is currently getting work some work done to it and he has been busy with moving and setting up his house. He brought his very tame Mastiff/Great Dane mix who was most content sniffing every one and steeling love from all those who would give it to her.

Christopher came all the way down from Spokane to visit with his SO and they decided to drop in on us; which was a very pleasant surprise. He is drove a Landrover Discovery that he uses as a DD, although he has several other Landrovers of different models and time eras to choose to drive depending on his mood and their current state of repair.

Future Events:

Talk of the next meetup suggestions were made. Dustin brought the idea of overnight campout at a lake with some hiking trails for next month.
Lou is going to beworking swing shift for a while, so he isn’t sure if he will make the next meetup regardless of campout, trail ride, or another picnic.
Mike and Kallie said they won’t be able to make the next one because of conflicts with other meetups in other parts of the NW Region, but will help organize the next event however they can.
Christopher is hesitant to make a commitment at this point in time because he lives so far north, but is up to making the trip again in the future.

Members missed:
We had several members that weren’t able to make the event.
Mike D (@PNW EXPLR ) was working this month in Michigan and won’t be back until April.
Garret Goodwin (@garrett.goodwin4320 )has some unforeseen pump issues he needed to fix from the flooding earlier this month.
Stephen (@TerraRoamer ) had to work swing shift so couldn’t make it.

Issues discussed:
Resetting the Rally Point RSVP list each month for better head count as well as the event location as it changes monthly. Members fallow the RP thread to keep up to date and want to use the same RP for a yearly journal.
Members not receiving notifications of updates posts and Updated RPs: apparently several members (Myself included) aren’t getting notifications of new RPs and new post to Meetup threads they are participating in.
Pictures: not enough documentation with pictures of rigs and people. It would be nice to get group rig shots, maybe a walk around of a few of the rigs. Then a picture of rig and driver would be nice as well. More pictures of members sitting around shooting the breeze.

conclusion:
It was a very nice mid February day. The food was amazing. Thanks Dustin for smoking the Pork, Christopher hats off to your SO (hurry up and marry that one) her Encheladas we’re off the charts (Kallie ate a plate full today and then I polished off the rest cold right out of the bucket). I felt bad for bringing mediocre (at best ) patsto and macaroni salads (we will make fresh next time). The discussions were all over the place from rigs to personal lives to past trips. We look forward to getting together again and making 2020 spectacular.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
US Northwest Overland Bound Regional Director
OUT
It was a great chance to meet others of our eastern Washington and Oregon group. I am always traveling around and am heading back to Tri-cities area at least once more this spring before the snow melts up here, maybe I’ll see you on the trails!

Reactions: M Rose and JL Lou

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

So for those of you interested in the First aid kits, I found a local place called Badger Tactical. They have some kits already made up but are not over priced. If you haven’t seen the one that overland bound created I suggest you look into it but it also isn’t very cheap. Granted there isn’t a price for being able to take care of yourself however there is a way to always save some money. If anyone is interested in seeing what I can do with this company to try and get a better EMS bag for all of us let me know.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So for those of you interested in the First aid kits, I found a local place called Badger Tactical. They have some kits already made up but are not over priced. If you haven’t seen the one that overland bound created I suggest you look into it but it also isn’t very cheap. Granted there isn’t a price for being able to take care of yourself however there is a way to always save some money. If anyone is interested in seeing what I can do with this company to try and get a better EMS bag for all of us let me know.
I am sending a DM.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I am working the next 2 weekends, then (virus willing) I am having family in town, so March is a no go for me. Sorry folks.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

So I talked with a company called Badger Tactical. They have the following kits and can add or remove anything to fit your needs. He said we are welcome to meet up and talk to them about what we all might be looking for once this whole stay home thing is over with.

Attachments

Reactions: Dilldog

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
So I talked with a company called Badger Tactical. They have the following kits and can add or remove anything to fit your needs. He said we are welcome to meet up and talk to them about what we all might be looking for once this whole stay home thing is over with.
Cool opportunity.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Cool opportunity.
Definitely much cheaper option that what Overland Bound has put together. Just my two cents.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Hey Guys, new to OB and found this board quickly. Looks like a good bunch, look forward to meeting up along the way (as it is safe). The first aid kits look like a pretty go deal and local too. I will read through more when I am not supposed to be "working" from home (as in tonight).

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Welcome to OB and our little Tri-Cities corner of it. The Tri-cities group was just getting going before all this lock down stuff started, but we have a few meet ups in the books and are anxious for this to get over so we can get out as a group. This thread has been a free for all for us with no real topic just a place to chat so feel free to chime in with any questions, thoughts or randomness. Hopefully when this is all over we can kick things off with a meetup and plan a trip somewhere. Lets see some pics of your Ram so we have a "before" look at the build. (I'm partial to anything Mopar having owned 6 last one being a '07 1500 now have a '15 3500 longbox and my play rig is a '00 Jeep WJ) Again, welcome and hope to see you around.

Reactions: jarsfamily