Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
So I talked with a company called Badger Tactical. They have the following kits and can add or remove anything to fit your needs. He said we are welcome to meet up and talk to them about what we all might be looking for once this whole stay home thing is over with.
So I looked through their stuff, the public ifak is almost identical to what was in my deployment bag. For a good trail kit all I would add is some mundane first aid stuff like basic meds and bandaids, maybe moleskin too. If we get a group buy going on these I'm in.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So I talked with a company called Badger Tactical. They have the following kits and can add or remove anything to fit your needs. He said we are welcome to meet up and talk to them about what we all might be looking for once this whole stay home thing is over with.
I would be interested in one of these. I would probably do as @Dilldog said and get one of the lower priced ones and add the real basic stuff to it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Guys, new to OB and found this board quickly. Looks like a good bunch, look forward to meeting up along the way (as it is safe). The first aid kits look like a pretty go deal and local too. I will read through more when I am not supposed to be "working" from home (as in tonight).
Welcome Bret,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @PNW EXPLR is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
When I looked at the higher end kits there honestly isn't any benefit to someone without trama training. The tools added for the $40 are not anything I would be comfortable attempting to use. At that point it's sos on the GPS and clearing an area for life flight in opinion.

Reactions: M Rose

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hey Guys, new to OB and found this board quickly. Looks like a good bunch, look forward to meeting up along the way (as it is safe). The first aid kits look like a pretty go deal and local too. I will read through more when I am not supposed to be "working" from home (as in tonight).
I guess I didn't pay attention with my first reply to what thread it was in.... there is another thread @PNW EXPLR got going over in the NW regional section called The Tri Cities Clubhouse you might check out for all things Tri cities

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Welcome Bret,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @PNW EXPLR is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the info. Like everyone else I am doing the best arm chair exploring possible at the moment, looking forward to the days when we can all get out and meet up for real rather than virtually, but virtually is better than not at all and hopefully keeps all of us above ground until we can get out there again. As you said, stay safe and stay well, we will all be out there again soon (I hope).

Bret

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

I guess I didn't pay attention with my first reply to what thread it was in.... there is another thread @PNW EXPLR got going over in the NW regional section called The Tri Cities Clubhouse you might check out for all things Tri cities
Thank you MrWilsonWJ I will check it out. All advice and info is welcomed.

Bret

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Welcome 4Wheelexplorer. This med kit looks super sweet, If we are doing a group buy, I am in. Thanks for finding this.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Wasn't my find, so I can't take create there, but it did look like a decent kit with varied options, need to get one for my truck.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Garret I think you should start putting together a “I’m interested list”. That could turn into a I’m in on a group buy list. I’m in for a group buy... keep me posted on “When” the meeting is going to be held and I would gladly come on down. If it’s not a big deal I would be interested in bringing a few other people from outside the area to help promote the group buy for all the Northwest. If you want to keep this Tri-Cities or Inland Northwest, I can understand that as well.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Personally I would probably go for either the public or intermediate ifak bag, hoping I never need it and knowing that more is probably beyond my skill set.
Once this COVID thing is over, we are working on putting together a small first-aide training class in your area... actually we will be doing them all over the Northwest closest to our Member Representatives. These kits that @garrett.goodwin4320 is looking at putting together would be the basis for our training.

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Once this COVID thing is over, we are working on putting together a small first-aide training class in your area... actually we will be doing them all over the Northwest closest to our Member Representatives. These kits that @garrett.goodwin4320 is looking at putting together would be the basis for our training.
Sounds like a great idea Mike, everyone's skills will be getting rusty during this down time, unless of course you are a first line responder, the real heroes out there.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
As I’m touring through the Kahlotus Highway area from North of Spokane looking for ways to just get away, I was out testing some of the farm roads that cross the area and had a good time on some of the bouncy crossings while not being to damaging, front bumper got chewed up by my tire when a tree limb bounced up. Best of all I only passed one other vehicle and we stopped and chatted about the local area (social distancing in place) and Made for a great adventure before ending the day in Richland!

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

As I’m touring through the Kahlotus Highway area from North of Spokane looking for ways to just get away, I was out testing some of the farm roads that cross the area and had a good time on some of the bouncy crossings while not being to damaging, front bumper got chewed up by my tire when a tree limb bounced up. Best of all I only passed one other vehicle and we stopped and chatted about the local area (social distancing in place) and Made for a great adventure before ending the day in Richland!
It's a nice drive up through there. If you took the Kahlotus highway all the way into Pasco you went right past the farm I work on.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

So I looked through their stuff, the public ifak is almost identical to what was in my deployment bag. For a good trail kit all I would add is some mundane first aid stuff like basic meds and bandaids, maybe moleskin too. If we get a group buy going on these I'm in.
So I asked about a group buy and he stated that if I can figure out what everyone might want then he can see what he can work out. so far I have @Dilldog, @MrWilsonWJ, and @4Wheelexplorer interested in the Public and @JL Lou interested just didn't know which one possibly. If someone knows of a way to make a public document that everyone could just put their name under so we could make this easier I am all for it. Let me know if anyone else might be interested in one or more than one for that case. I'll let him know around the end of the week what we might be looking at.

@M Rose if you know of a way to get a bigger group interested instead of our little 15 person group, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So I asked about a group buy and he stated that if I can figure out what everyone might want then he can see what he can work out. so far I have @Dilldog, @MrWilsonWJ, and @4Wheelexplorer interested in the Public and @JL Lou interested just didn't know which one possibly. If someone knows of a way to make a public document that everyone could just put their name under so we could make this easier I am all for it. Let me know if anyone else might be interested in one or more than one for that case. I'll let him know around the end of the week what we might be looking at.

@M Rose if you know of a way to get a bigger group interested instead of our little 15 person group, I would greatly appreciate it.
I think I have a way for both... sending a DM @garrett.goodwin4320