Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I checked out the Horn Rapids cg you suggested and the day use area looks like it wouldn't be a bad place. I was checking around for other places between here and Yakima but haven't seen much yet. I'll keep looking around, but does anyone else have any suggestions? Or a limit to how far they want to travel, maybe an activity they would like to do on top of lunch/potluck?
I really appreciate your efforts. It is a huge show of the strength of this crew. Thank you Dustin.

We are down for most things and definitely not afraid of a little driving ! Especially if we can make a day trip out of it.
Awesome. I am so happy your family is part of our region.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thank you Mike, I too appreciate what you've done with getting things together for the last meet up. For me I see it as we will only get out as much as we put into this so it will take a team effort if we want things to take off and good things to come of this group. I guess I just figured since I'm interested in more meetups I would try to help out with finding a place. Now just need to find that place and figure out what to cook!

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Hey fellas, I wont make it to the February meet up but Ill plan on hitting the March meet.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey so what do you guy think about locking down the Horne Rapids CG as the Plan A spot. If weather gets unfavorable Bombing Range is the Plan B.
Really if a few people have ez ups and maybe a portable bon fire I don't see why Plan A wouldn't work even with some snow.
Let me know what you guys think. I would like to have plans set by the end of the week.

Reactions: M Rose

jarsfamily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

Sounds good to us. Not positive we will make this one as work has me busy as heck and we head out of town on the 28th for a couple weeks to go explore Death Valley . Either way we will definitely try if we can

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Sounds good to us. Not positive we will make this one as work has me busy as heck and we head out of town on the 28th for a couple weeks to go explore Death Valley . Either way we will definitely try if we can
Hey no worries. I can relate to work taking up the hours I'd like to be using doing other things. Enjoy Death valley. You know the highest and lowest point in California is only separated by 100 miles! Pretty cool.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I'm cool with making Horn Rapids CG plan a, b and c. I haven't been out there but from the pics I've seen it looks like a pretty good spot. Really the only reason I would think we needed to move indoors would be wind and rain, only weather I don't like is rain that goes sideways. I made a run to Ellensburg and back yesterday morning and wanted to do a little exploring for a possible meetup location but high water everywhere kept me to the highway. That and a pit stop at Bale Breaker on the way home put me behind schedule. I know we're still a couple weeks out, but do we have an idea how many people might come? I'm thinking I might have to throw something on the smoker to bring for my food contribution.

Reactions: jarsfamily

jarsfamily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

I'm cool with making Horn Rapids CG plan a, b and c. I haven't been out there but from the pics I've seen it looks like a pretty good spot. Really the only reason I would think we needed to move indoors would be wind and rain, only weather I don't like is rain that goes sideways. I made a run to Ellensburg and back yesterday morning and wanted to do a little exploring for a possible meetup location but high water everywhere kept me to the highway. That and a pit stop at Bale Breaker on the way home put me behind schedule. I know we're still a couple weeks out, but do we have an idea how many people might come? I'm thinking I might have to throw something on the smoker to bring for my food contribution.
Mmmm bale breaker

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
I should be able to make it. All of my February weekends should be free.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Is there a date for February that I missed?

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
The location is back at Bombing range brewing. Is it there or at Horn Rapids campground? Are we doing the plan A or B thing?

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sorry, I've been out of town for work and haven't been checking in much. For date I was just rolling with it still being on the 22nd. And for location I think we should do Horn Rapids cg weather permitting. We always have bombing range as a back up if it gets crappy. Does potluck lunch sound good to everyone?

Reactions: jarsfamily

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Looks like I’ll make it down for a first time meet of the members down south!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Looks like I’ll make it down for a first time meet of the members down south!
Where are you located? There is also a Meet and Greet in Post Falls on the 29th.
The potluck sounds like a blast... wish I wasn’t running a booth at the gun show this weekend, otherwise I would be here as well.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Horn Rapids camp ground sounds good. Pot luck also sounds good! Who is going to make the February meet? I will.

Here is the location. West Richland

Bombing range brewing if the weather is bad... Should be good.