SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hello all! My name is Matt I am very new to 4-wheeling, I have a 2016 4runner Trail edition and want to use this thing right.

I was curious if anyone had a list of beginner trails in California or could refer me to one, or just some spots! Vehicle has no lift :( , BFGoodrich K02 tires, and KDSS. I have done some very, very minimal 4x4 in the Eldorado National Forest but want to kick it up a notch. Sorry if this is a vague post, thanks to all in advance.

Cheers,
Matt.

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

What part of CA? North or South? And our trucks are very capable stock vehicles, no need to worry as long as you're smart about the terrain you want to tackle.
Fire... always an issue while camping in California, even with the recent rains our state will still be suffering from drought conditions by the summer I'm afraid. Always check with a ranger station local to where you'll be going. You'll still sometimes need a fire permit for propane stoves in some areas. It's an easy online thing and it's good for the year. I usually get one about this time of year and just keep it in my truck so I know it's always there.
Enjoy the forum and #keepitwild (Toyota nerd).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
What part of CA? North or South? And our trucks are very capable stock vehicles, no need to worry as long as you're smart about the terrain you want to tackle.
Fire... always an issue while camping in California, even with the recent rains our state will still be suffering from drought conditions by the summer I'm afraid. Always check with a ranger station local to where you'll be going. You'll still sometimes need a fire permit for propane stoves in some areas. It's an easy online thing and it's good for the year. I usually get one about this time of year and just keep it in my truck so I know it's always there.
Enjoy the forum and #keepitwild (Toyota nerd).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of California but mainly Northern. For SoCal, near LA and San Diego is preferred as I am taking a trip those areas in March.

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

If you're in the Sacramento area we do a weekly get together on Wednesday night at the Starbucks on Truxel in the Walmart parking lot. Lots of information to be gained.

OB 1643