The Swisha Loop - Southwestern Quebec, full trip video included!

• HTML tutorial

Beans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kennebunkport, ME
Member #

Hi All,

I recently completed the Swisha Loop in southwestern Quebec with four other members of Northeast Overland. Northeast Overland is based in Maine and runs guided trips. However, this trip was just for us. Our trip was five days long, two travel days and three days to run the route. The route is available from graveltravel.ca, I can't share it here as it is their to distribute. Here is the video from the trip that I put together.

I put a lot of effort into the video and I personally think its one of my most professional videos yet. Let me know what you think!

youtube banner.jpg

4runner airstrip.jpg

4runner climb.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

The video was very well done and the intro was perfect. You had the core elements of a protagonist (you and friends) and several antagonists (bad weather and broken rigs). Your narrative worked well and was enoyable.

I feel like you didn't collect enough footage (storyline and B-roll) and or there just were not many interesting obstacles because the water crossing scene and the logs were pretty repetetive and you kept coming back to them throughout the video instead of making a timeline that shows your trip from start to end.

Well done! I only added my opinions because you asked. I always enjoy constructive feedback so I hope you are not offended.

Reactions: JeepsterPete

Beans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kennebunkport, ME
Member #

The video was very well done and the intro was perfect. You had the core elements of a protagonist (you and friends) and several antagonists (bad weather and broken rigs). Your narrative worked well and was enoyable.

I feel like you didn't collect enough footage (storyline and B-roll) and or there just were not many interesting obstacles because the water crossing scene and the logs were pretty repetetive and you kept coming back to them throughout the video instead of making a timeline that shows your trip from start to end.

Well done! I only added my opinions because you asked. I always enjoy constructive feedback so I hope you are not offended.
I totally get you mean. We were pulling very long days so opportunities to film were limited. I worked with what I had but I wish I had more!

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I totally get you mean. We were pulling very long days so opportunities to film were limited. I worked with what I had but I wish I had more!
It's so hard to stop and make the time to get footage. I really respect the YouTubers like Lifestyle Overland and others. It's not easy to document progress when you are having fun, in trouble, or just plain tired. lol

Nice work and I'm glad you understood where I was coming from.

Reactions: JeepsterPete

JeepsterPete

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Dubois
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3HWK
Very nice video! I plan on doing the Swisha Loop this summer and filming along the way. But I will give myself a full week to complete as I want to take the time to enjoy the loop and document.