First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Any OB rides this summer?
There’s a meet this Saturday at 2pm at the Glasstown Brewery in Millville.

I do rides all the time but I keep my groups small, like 2-3 trucks. It’s not fun with more than 5.

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Great thread start.
Im in southern NJ. Lived here my entire life except for college and Marine Corps deployments.

I have a 2017 4runner TRD with some mods and still building. I am new to "modern" overlanding. I have loved the outdoors my entire life and dabble in all kinds of activities. Hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, survival, off roading, ect.

Im retired law enforcement and military.

I'm planning to set off on a north American journey to visit all 49 states via overlanding while bringing awareness to veteran and 1st responder suicide. I currently work as an ambassador with Code 9 Project.

I definitely wish to hone my skills and get advise from knowledgeable people here.
Looking for day trips, overnights and neet and greats locally to build a network and gather knowledge.

Tomk@knappsover.com

I look forward to hearing from you all and meeting up soon.
Tom Knapp

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
There’s a meet this Saturday at 2pm at the Glasstown Brewery in Millville.

I do rides all the time but I keep my groups small, like 2-3 trucks. It’s not fun with more than 5.
Love Glasstown. I will be in FL this weekend. Keep me updated love to join you for a ride. 20190603_135739.jpeg

Reactions: Xplorr313

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey guys! I figured I would make up a thread that's strictly for all things happening in NJ and all talk about NJ. The talk can be about anything that has to do with overlanding, camping, kayaking, mountain biking, geocaching, hiking, meet and greets, and guided trail rides by us, Mid-Atlantic Expeditions.

Please try and keep this thread clean from any other off subject talk. We are here for anything that deals with fun in the outdoors, not to hear about how the Flyers won or how much the Eagles suck haha.

I would love to hear about what part of NJ you're from, your rig(s) (adventure bikes/enduros included), and the kinds of things you like to do outside. I would also like to hear a little background about you, like what got you into overlanding in general, favorite trip you've taken, and what overlanding means to you. I'll start below.

Also, @MAX-Phil and I are planning on doing a meet and greet sometime in March. We will post more about it once we get the logistics figured out.

Ok, so I'm Leon and I'm Co-owner/Co-Founder of the two man team Mid-Atlantic Expeditions. I enjoy all sorts of outdoors activities like hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, camping, adventure bike riding, overlanding, geocaching, exploring, and trail riding. Pretty much if it involves adventure and the outdoors, count me in!

As for my rigs, I have a 2016 Toyota TRDPro 4Runner with a few mods and I also have a 2016 Honda Africa Twin (CRF1000L) and it too has a few mods.

What got me into overlanding? I would have to say that after moving to NJ in 2009 and getting out to see all that NJ has to offer by way of roadtrips here and there, it made me want to do more of that through out other states. Having been in the "offroading" scene almost my whole life, I had already had the built rigs and I wanted to incorporate the off-roading aspect to my adventures. I heard about overlanding back in 2010 when it was still relativiely unheard of and felt that it was right for me.

One of my favorite trips taken...hrmm that's a tough one...I would have to say they've all been my favorite since they're always fun and full of adventure but one that stands out the most was the first "overlanding" trip I took. I posted a huge 2 day event, back in like 2010/2011, on the FJ Cruiser/4Runner/Tacoma forums which involved starting at one point and driving to camp a few hours away. Camping out that night and then the next day drive a few more hours to our dinner spot. The whole trip was offroad and within NJ. One of the best trips I've taken so far, even though there are soo many more day trips that were just as great.

What overlanding means to me, well to me it's self reliant travel going from point A to point B while enjoying the adventure along the way. Overlanding to me doesn't strictly involve off-roading or traveling down only dirt roads, it's about taking the backroads and roads less traveled to your destination, seeing things you've never seen before, experiencing the culture of the area, all while being self reliant on the things you bring with you and pick up along the way.

Haha ok, I'm done talking about myself and I hope it gives you insight to who I am. Can't wait to read your post below! And stay tuned for any events we may post on here!
Great thread start.
Im in southern NJ. Lived here my entire life except for college and Marine Corps deployments.

I have a 2017 4runner TRD with some mods and still building. I am new to "modern" overlanding. I have loved the outdoors my entire life and dabble in all kinds of activities. Hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, survival, off roading, ect.

Im retired law enforcement and military.

I'm planning to set off on a north American journey to visit all 49 states via overlanding while bringing awareness to veteran and 1st responder suicide. I currently work as an ambassador with Code 9 Project.

I definitely wish to hone my skills and get advise from knowledgeable people here.
Looking for day trips, overnights and neet and greats locally to build a network and gather knowledge.

Tomk@knappsover.com

I look forward to hearing from you all and meeting up soon.
Tom Knapp

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Great to have you around Tom. Thank you for your Service & for what you gave to all of us! Congratulations on your retirement. I know it's small scale but I helped with a Veteran's Suicide Awareness Motorcycle Run last year that departed from the Vineland Veterans home. A widow of a Vet who took his own life gave a heart touching speech that had all of us sobbing. If I'm worthy, I salute your efforts. God Bless You

Last edited:
Reactions: Knapps Over

EncinoBobarino

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Probably 4 or 5 rigs if I count on this thread. Thinking the first weekend in May? Like a Saturday around 11 or so hang out for a bit get to know everyone then head for some tacos at this rad taco place in lavallette

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app
Hey shoremontero new to the OB if you are interested in doing another meetup in this area I live in Point and I am friends with the dudes that own the taco spot in Lavalette. Would be stoked to meet up with you guys. I drive a 2018 Taco.

Bertha_15JK_

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flanders, Mount Olive Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey guys just joined today super pumped! Just got into overlanding when I got my Jeep 2015 jk 2dr a few months ago and I'm hooked! Hoping you guys have some good trails to hit that aren't too crazy considering I'm a beginner and my Jeeps stock (for now) but I've been to Stokes state forest with a few friends and had a blast!! Hoping to make some new trail buddies and find some new trails

I'm in Morris county

Zr2bison

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
scrofine
Hey guys just joined today super pumped! Just got into overlanding when I got my Jeep 2015 jk 2dr a few months ago and I'm hooked! Hoping you guys have some good trails to hit that aren't too crazy considering I'm a beginner and my Jeeps stock (for now) but I've been to Stokes state forest with a few friends and had a blast!! Hoping to make some new trail buddies and find some new trails

I'm in Morris county
Welcome, I’m new as well from Brick

Reactions: Bertha_15JK_

Mcardoso

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central,NJ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cardoso
Just joined today. I’m from ocean county and am interested in setting up my 08 pathfinder for some weekend camping and traveling. Any info would be great and meeting anyone from the area that could give me some advice would be awesome as-well

Alex K.

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Monroe, NJ
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Korotin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QHG
Joined last year, but discovered NJ on the forum just now. Live in Monroe Twp - Central Jersey. Love doing weekend camping with my kids. Want to explore more back-roads, but not so many in NJ.

Reactions: trd6209

trd6209

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Randolph, NJ, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Burg
Member #

Joined last year, but discovered NJ on the forum just now. Live in Monroe Twp - Central Jersey. Love doing weekend camping with my kids. Want to explore more back-roads, but not so many in NJ.
I'm pretty new here too. I'm up in Randolph and looking to do some exploring around here and the Delaware Water Gap. Looking forward to finding some cool places.

Reactions: 04land