New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Is anyone interested in a meet and greet for mid to late January? I'm thinking about finding a Brewery in Central NJ, Upper Freehold Area so North Jersey, NY, PA, and South Jersey members can attend. Currently looking at Screamin Hill Brewery. I'll recon it in the next couple of weeks.

Any interest?
If so give me some feedback on mid or late Jan,
Sat or Sun,

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
I’m in! Let’s do it!

I’d be down for a little run of the TNJT and an overnight at a campground too but ok with just a meetup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knapps Over

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
i vote for a Saturday evening since I have to get up for work Monday morning.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Is anyone interested in a meet and greet for mid to late January? I'm thinking about finding a Brewery in Central NJ, Upper Freehold Area so North Jersey, NY, PA, and South Jersey members can attend. Currently looking at Screamin Hill Brewery. I'll recon it in the next couple of weeks.

Any interest?
If so give me some feedback on mid or late Jan,
Sat or Sun,
Let’s do Screaming Hill, they have some really good beers. It’s close enough to the TNJT that we can get some trail miles in after the meet up. I’m suppose to do a Rausch trip on the 15th so let’s try to do the meet up this Saturday, the 7th. I know that’s kinda last minute but let’s do it.

I can trail lead for the trail run after the meetup.

EDIT: I just saw you said January. My bad. Let’s do a Saturday in January then. I’m still game to trail lead a ride on some of the TNJT.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We should skip the 7th since my son is off of school so many people may be away on vacation.

Aloha_Cruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
S.
What time? I work that evening but maybe swing by before I head in to work. Screamin Hill is a great place with not so great hours. I’m down for planning some future events.

Edit: Haha. I did the same thing I didn’t read the Edit Jan 7th it is!

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I guess you didn’t read where I said “EDIT”?
I’m not gonna lie, I don’t know what month I was looking because my son is not off in January but I thought I was looking at the January schedule.

anyway, let me know when you guys do this.

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Let’s do Screaming Hill, they have some really good beers. It’s close enough to the TNJT that we can get some trail miles in after the meet up. I’m suppose to do a Rausch trip on the 15th so let’s try to do the meet up this Saturday, the 7th. I know that’s kinda last minute but let’s do it.

I can trail lead for the trail run after the meetup.

EDIT: I just saw you said January. My bad. Let’s do a Saturday in January then. I’m still game to trail lead a ride on some of the TNJT.
A trail run sounds great and would definitely love to have you lead it. PM me some info on your ideas of the ride, please.

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Sorry about the late update. I have looked over the requests and Sat seems to be the best day for a majority of people. Still looking to make it late Jan so we can all recover from the holidays. I'm thinking the 25th is a great starting point.

I love the idea of an early meet for coffee than doing a trail ride before heading to the brewery to chat at length with each other and learn more. Is anyone willing to lead it?

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Sorry about the late update. I have looked over the requests and Sat seems to be the best day for a majority of people. Still looking to make it late Jan so we can all recover from the holidays. I'm thinking the 25th is a great starting point.

I love the idea of an early meet for coffee than doing a trail ride before heading to the brewery to chat at length with each other and learn more. Is anyone willing to lead it?
I’ll lead.

Reactions: DVC

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
The route for the OB Screamin Hill Trail Ride has been completed. I’m gonna go ahead and create a meet up page and give the date and time.

The route is consisted of about 50 miles of dirt and 10 of asphalt. It will start in Tabernacle and end at Screamin Hill. Since Screamin Hill does not open until 1pm on Saturdays, we will start the trail ride at 9am. Get to the meet up early if you want to get coffee across the street, at Nixon’s General Store, from where we will meet up at. The parking lot at Nixon’s is too small for us to meet there, this is why I choose the bar’s parking lot across the street.

E604127A-29F8-415E-858C-BF7B01BA5394.png

Knapps Over

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

New Jersey US
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Xplorr313 set up another forum thread for this outing. Stay posted here also for additional information.
Currently meeting at 0900 at trail head for a 60mile ride to the brewery. If you do not wish to do the trail ride then you can meet us at Screaming Hill Brewery at approximately 1300 when they open.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
FWI- I went riding parts of the trail last weekend and it looks like they closed down the section that went through Batsto village and beyond. It stops at the end of Goodwater as it enters into the back of the village at the small parking lot. It picks up on the opposite end on Washington turnpike but then when the pavement ends you get another sign like below. I took “Old Greenbank Mill-Washington Rd which then brought me back to the trail. By that point it’s mostly paved road again.
This photo below was taken by the fire tower, the road is only open for half a mile or so until it is closed off again as mentioned above.

29084BAB-0FA6-44D8-8484-3FA4729F07BE.jpeg