Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
If it’s anything like last time, I’m down!
Can I be tail-radio guy again?

I don’t know if I could convince my GF but I would be down with ending at a group campground for a night. March weather is very unpredictable though.
You’re always welcome to be my tail gunner. You did such a great job last time.

Group camping isn’t that great in the NJSF like it use to be back in 2011. Around 2011-2012 they made the group sites fenced in and walk in only. If we were to book a couple normal campsites, that were next to one another, that would work. NJSP rules are usually 2 cars, 2 tents, and 6 people max per site.

But like you said, March weather is unpredictable so it would definitely need to be a play it by weather kinda thing as it gets closer to the date of the run. Let me scout an old campground that I used in the past and see what changes they have made. I haven’t been there since the 2011-2012 changes. I usually camp at Brendan T Byrne family sites if I camp in the pines.

RastaPasta

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Williamstown, NJ
First Name
Ross
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey guys, so I did some thinking today while at work...usually that could be good and bad haha...and I was wondering if another run in March would spark some interest? This time I was thinking about having us end our run in Tuckerton, NJ at Pinelands Brewing Co.; what are your thoughts?

I'd be interested in this if you're willing to have a new guy tag along. Also, I like beer.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Any maps of TNJT

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
Xplorr313,

id really like to get out in March but I have to work the 7th and 21st. If there is anyway we could do it on a different day I would appreciate it. I know there are many factors and everyone has there schedules but I figured I would throw it out there.

thanks for considering it,

kenny

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

Cruised collier mills this past sunday with my best bud and his 2015 tacoma trd off-road. Had a bit of a scare when the one mud hole went over the hood of the montero and got myself pretty stuck but we had the right recovery gear and got out quickly. Was hoping to get back out there this weekend but the weather doesn't look that great. So snorkel is now on the list of to do lol.

Attachments

Reactions: Dusther210

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

It's a shame. Some great events have been cancelled. I'm afraid to plan anything out now due to the amount of work it takes and the uncertainty.

Question though, once social distancing let's up would anybody be in for a mod day? A day where a group of members can get together to either mod or repair each other's vehicle. It's usually a great time and you can learn a lot. I've got nothing pending but I'm always willing to help other people out.

Reactions: toolsforwar

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Cruised collier mills this past sunday with my best bud and his 2015 tacoma trd off-road. Had a bit of a scare when the one mud hole went over the hood of the montero and got myself pretty stuck but we had the right recovery gear and got out quickly. Was hoping to get back out there this weekend but the weather doesn't look that great. So snorkel is now on the list of to do lol.
Decent fishing back there too. Took my daughter last summer and she caught some nice pickeral. When are we going to get the Montero on the beach?

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

dude soon! I can't wait to get on the beach with it. What do I need to get on?
There's a list on the site but it's basic stuff. Tow strap, fire extinguisher, jacking board, tire gauge. Let me know when you want to go I'll show you stuff. I've evolved over the last 4 years and have the entire thing down pat now I think haha.

Reactions: toolsforwar

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

There's a list on the site but it's basic stuff. Tow strap, fire extinguisher, jacking board, tire gauge. Let me know when you want to go I'll show you stuff. I've evolved over the last 4 years and have the entire thing down pat now I think haha.
yeah checking out the site now. Seems like you don't need much. Where do you buy a permit at the entrance or can you pay for one online?

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

yeah checking out the site now. Seems like you don't need much. Where do you buy a permit at the entrance or can you pay for one online?
You have to go to the main office which is at the entrance. It's $195 for the year. Well worth it to me, but if you just want to try it out there is a 3 day pass available too. I've also got Brick, Lavalette, Long Island, and Assateague. Brick and Lav are only good until April 30th.

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

A few Shots from the northern most part of the trail. Just a half day expedition to familiarize myself with the trail. Once the parks open back up I will be planning at least a 2 day trip to see how far I get, and into June (assuming we are clear) I am taking a 4 day weekend to do the whole trail. HUGE thank you to Xplorr313 for the map. It is really well put together and offered some nice scenery on the parts I hit.

Would like to set up a meet for my NJ members when all this craziness clears up. Do we have a thread for planning meets ?

Anyway, pics from the ride.
IMG_20200404_125209203.jpg
IMG_20200404_125224311.jpg
IMG_20200404_125638981.jpg
IMG_20200404_134310863.jpg

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

A few Shots from the northern most part of the trail. Just a half day expedition to familiarize myself with the trail. Once the parks open back up I will be planning at least a 2 day trip to see how far I get, and into June (assuming we are clear) I am taking a 4 day weekend to do the whole trail. HUGE thank you to Xplorr313 for the map. It is really well put together and offered some nice scenery on the parts I hit.

Would like to set up a meet for my NJ members when all this craziness clears up. Do we have a thread for planning meets ?

Anyway, pics from the ride.
View attachment 147584
View attachment 147585
View attachment 147586
View attachment 147587
Keep your eye on rally points. They will be posted here as well.