Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Gonna show my age here. My first time through the pines in the snow was after the blizzard of 96, in my 95 Nissan Hardbody. Had a blast! Hoping we actually get some snow soon, I'd like to get out there again.
Not sure about the pines but in southern New York we’re supposed to get a couple inches Thursday-Sunday

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Looks like some mix then rain, Monday isnt going to get above 19°
I know theorangekl isnt a fan of ice
Lol. Last trip with ice put my Jeep in the hospital for 37 days. And I just had to replace the radiator over the weekend. It was a good learning experience though

Reactions: KC2BUN

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Its not fair
I bombed through the ice and all i broke was a foglight wire
I think the rear end has had issues and that day was just the last straw for it. That binding up didn’t make the tranny happy. But There must be a tranny breather hole or something that filled with water. The tranny, rear diff, rear axles, and transmission control module had to get replaced. And the radiator I’m assuming because I pushed it through a bunch of ice. The top seam cracked.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I would love to get out to the pines again if I had confirmation that the water holes were solid ice enough to drive on. [emoji106]

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

It’ll take a lot for the puddles to freeze solid enough to drive thru. My DR350 (400lbs) with my fat azz (220lbs) broke thru ice Sunday afternoon

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
This time last year I was driving on solid ice. I don’t think the water was that deep though IMG_4851.JPG

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Welcome. Garden State Overland holds monthly trail rides. Check out their FB group.
I just joined the FB group last night, looking forward to a meet up. I usually have to drive all the way up to the Catskills or PA for any meets

bryantc3

Rank 0

Contributor I

New guy here from the Summit area. Just picked up a '18 JK 2-door (build date of 4/10/18, one of the last few hundred JKs made lol). Never overlanded or even camped out in a while, but interested in getting my feet wet so to say with trail riding. Unfortunately no facebook, but will be checking here. Super interested to try out areas of the TNJT.

Reactions: 04land

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I was born and raised in Clifton growing strong on Rutts Hut, The Hot Grill and Brunos Pizza.

I first started out with a 1976 GMC Jimmy and was one of Meadowlands Off Road's first customers. Ralph and Mary were great people and I just heard Ralph passed away.
I escaped NJ in 1992 for South America. I still ordered equipment from Ralph , much to the envy of the other members of the Peruvian 4wd club Adventurismo.
I was driving an armored FZj80 and we went all over the country .

In 1998, I was transferred to El Paso Texas where I still live . I bought an 1985 FJ60 the same year and still have it. I go on a couple of long trips a year and last summer my wife and spend three months traveling in Alaska and Canada with two trips to the Arctic ocean.

I still get to NJ once a year to get some good food and hit the shore.

This is a link to my blog with links some articles about some trips I have done. Badlands Expeditions