Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
OK I found an app in the Google Play store that worked. I see the map point red flags and the trails/roads. Not all of them are named, would this be right?

Thanks again for all the help with this.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that. I designed the route using the iPhone/iPad only app LeadNav. I know how it looks on Google Maps and on LeadNav. Anything else and I have no clue how it looks. Sorry but you’re on your own if you’re using anything else other than LeadNav or Google Maps. Maybe someone else with an android can help you out?

Reactions: MuckSavage
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that. I designed the route using the iPhone/iPad only app LeadNav. I know how it looks on Google Maps and on LeadNav. Anything else and I have no clue how it looks. Sorry but you’re on your own if you’re using anything else other than LeadNav or Google Maps. Maybe someone else with an android can help you out?
I think I have a a good handle on trail. As a kid, our local school system owned a place up off of Old Mind Road. Every year we had class trips to there. Over the years I have driven off road around there. Never knowing how much more there was.

So glad that you did all the you did to plot the route as detailed as it is. For sure I am planning to do it one section at a time.

Thanks again.

chasecars1320

Rank 0

Contributor I

Queens, New York
First Name
jason
Last Name
huang
Hi everyone! This is probably the most info we’ve found online regarding TNJT. Thanks a million for this thread @Xplorr313. Got a quick question. Got myself a RWD sand car. Which trail is best to take for a day trip? DDAC1617-7928-4AEC-AD8C-2AC65C9BFDCD.jpeg

Reactions: Xplorr313

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Th
Hi everyone! This is probably the most info we’ve found online regarding TNJT. Thanks a million for this thread @Xplorr313. Got a quick question. Got myself a RWD sand car. Which trail is best to take for a day trip? View attachment 118894
Thats badass. I recommend starting at Six Flags (Jackson NJ) area of the trail and head south. You’ll find a lot of sand and gravel roads in that area. I recommend avoiding the deep water crossings and taking the by pass routes.

Reactions: chasecars1320

chasecars1320

Rank 0

Contributor I

Queens, New York
First Name
jason
Last Name
huang
Th

Thats badass. I recommend starting at Six Flags (Jackson NJ) area of the trail and head south. You’ll find a lot of sand and gravel roads in that area. I recommend avoiding the deep water crossings and taking the by pass routes.
So I need to download the GAIA App to view the map? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Thanks again!

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
21EB7B17-134F-4A12-A632-41E269C9939C.jpegCB0FC6AD-6248-4213-AA9C-9B14855AC407.jpegHi everyone,

Looks like you guys had a great time on your trip.

I’d like to get in on another group run. I have a stock ‘17 and I’d love to take my Air OPUS off road trailer with me. It’s pretty wide but with a ground clearance of over 12” it’s get over anything my Taco can.

Anyone planning on doing an overnight or two anytime soon?

Forjas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

The World
First Name
Felipe
Last Name
Nascimento
Member #

View attachment 119471View attachment 119472Hi everyone,

I’d like to get in on another group run. I have a stock ‘17 and I’d love to take my Air OPUS off road trailer with me. It’s pretty wide but with a ground clearance of over 12” it’s get over anything my Taco can.

That's A beautiful trailer!

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
View attachment 119471View attachment 119472Hi everyone,

That is a nice trailer for sure but I hate to say it, down in the pine barrens part of the TNJT, you’re gonna have a tough time pulling that trailer through some sections of that part of the TNJT.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That is a nice trailer for sure but I hate to say it, down in the pine barrens part of the TNJT, you’re gonna have a tough time pulling that trailer through some sections of that part of the TNJT.
Because it’s too heavy or because it’s too wide?

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Because it’s too heavy or because it’s too wide?
It doesn’t look much wider than the Tacoma but in some sections, trying to maneuver the trailer around obstacles may be a bit challenging. Thinking about it, you just might be ok with the exception of a couple spots. The trail is mostly wide open but there are a few spots in the pines where the trail gets tight, real tight and it could cause a problem for you. You would most certainly need to take the Zillon bypass lol.

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It doesn’t look much wider than the Tacoma but in some sections, trying to maneuver the trailer around obstacles may be a bit challenging. Thinking about it, you just might be ok with the exception of a couple spots. The trail is mostly wide open but there are a few spots in the pines where the trail gets tight, real tight and it could cause a problem for you. You would most certainly need to take the Zillon bypass lol.
Well I am willing to try with a group, if you ever lead a group run let me know. I’m dying to try it, just don’t want to do it without someone that already knows it.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Well I am willing to try with a group, if you ever lead a group run let me know. I’m dying to try it, just don’t want to do it without someone that already knows it.
I know the whole route like the back of my hand. Now getting me to lead a group run, that’s gonna be tough. My days of leading group runs are done. I’m a lone wolf any more.

Reactions: Krawl3r_2.0

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I know the whole route like the back of my hand. Now getting me to lead a group run, that’s gonna be tough. My days of leading group runs are done. I’m a lone wolf any more.
Ok, understandable. Thanks for all of the work you put into the gpx file.

Reactions: Xplorr313

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

@Redbear part of the beauty of the TNJT is that while it's removed from the urban-like NJ, it's close enough to everything. It can certainly be done as a multi-day, top to bottom, in it's entirety thing, but it can be chipped at as day or even part of day trips. I have the route downloaded in my device & when I go somewhere, and have some time to kill, i just jump on the TNJT for a bit. For instance, a few years ago, I was working near Princeton. We knocked off a lil early on a Friday so I jumped on the TNJT and rode it as close to home as I could (Atsion Ranger Station, Wharton SF)