• HTML tutorial

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

R4_Rosewood.jpg Grohmann Knives
Just picked this guy up and was instantly impressed with the quality of the steel and the sharpness. Definitely passed the paper test 1st day and is really staying the test still after the last 3 months. Really happy for the price point of about 100$. As I'm Canadian, I was stoked to find a knife actually made here in Canada too.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

View attachment 40435 Grohmann Knives
Just picked this guy up and was instantly impressed with the quality of the steel and the sharpness. Definitely passed the paper test 1st day and is really staying the test still after the last 3 months. Really happy for the price point of about 100$. As I'm Canadian, I was stoked to find a knife actually made here in Canada too.
I have the #4 or Survival version and am really happy with it. Mine is in carbon steel with a flat grind and seems to do everything I ask of it.

You got the right sheath too. I originally bought the one with the slot for the sharpener, but it didn't lock the blade into the sheath. The one you have secures it in there pretty well. The knife is not going anywhere with that model.

Enjoy your new toy!

Reactions: J Tosh Reed

Enthusiast III

Costa Mesa
First Name
Stan
Last Name
Wingert
As promised! Pardon crappy cell pics I tried to use a little flashlight for fill...

The beater - fixed blade: RAT RC-3

The beater - folding blade: Kershaw Tyrade w/G10 scales

Shelf queen - fixed: Chris Reeve Shadow IV

As you can see her shelf queen status has been slightly compromised...

Shelf queen - folder: Kershaw Tyrade, titanium scales w/CF accents

Random goodies...

ProTech Runt: CA legal switchblade! 3.062"

Often sees use as a moneyclip when I don't want to carry a wallet, although to be legal it must be visible :ohwell:

PawPaw's old Buck 110. Needs light polish from sheath rubbing but awesome patina:

CountyComm breacher bar. For when you just gotta beat the snot out of something:

There's more but now I'm tired...
Five stars for Chris Reeves

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
lol, if you say so
Just like any company in any country that manufactures, you have to find the right place. I wouldn’t say that all companies in China exclusively produce junk, nor would I say that factories in Vietnam exclusively manufacture great clothing for North Face, Patagonia, Columbia etc. it so happens there are a lot of companies in Pakistan that produce high quality steel, much of what is used for surgery and dental practices in America, comes from Pakistan.

I think any company is capable of producing a superior product if they desire. I don’t care where the company hails from.

The Traveling Shepherd

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Michigan
Member #

Just like any company in any country that manufactures, you have to find the right place. I wouldn’t say that all companies in China exclusively produce junk, nor would I say that factories in Vietnam exclusively manufacture great clothing for North Face, Patagonia, Columbia etc. it so happens there are a lot of companies in Pakistan that produce high quality steel, much of what is used for surgery and dental practices in America, comes from Pakistan.

I think any company is capable of producing a superior product if they desire. I don’t care where the company hails from.
I've been involved in the cutlery world for two decades and have seen what comes out of waziribad, islamabad. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I also like the Skeletool CX, About 3 years back I was looking for Xmas gifts for coworkers and found the CX on Woot for $20, bought the 10 unit limit and passed them out to coworkers on the team, I still smile when I see them use them, think it was the best $200 I have spent in a long time.

For Christmas I picked up a LT Wright Outback, Scandi grind, 3V, coffeebag handles (my new favorite handle material). A lot of good reviews on the knife, will be a few months till spring camping but looking forward to it. I want to pick up a smaller bushbaby in green coffeebag next. I'm sort of a knife head head, have a few boxes of knifes in the closet but for a all around knife, Bark River is great for design, handle uniqueness, and price. I have a dozen or so bark rivers, and have gifted at least that many over the years. My favorite gifted one was a Fox river in Salmon, green, and gold elder burl. The handle reminded me of a rainbow trout, gave it to me dad who is retired and fishes when he is not at the VFW drinking.

The new Outback

And my JX4 bushbat that started the coffeebag handle craze.

Reactions: Owasco and Corbet