That's Not a Knife...This is a Knife.

• HTML tutorial

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I'll have to post pictures when I get them, but just bought an ESEE 4 and an ESEE Zancudo. I've also got a knockoff SOG my brother gave me that's worked pretty well. As for multitools I've got a Gerber that I keep in the Jeep, and two others that the brand is escaping me right now. I keep one in my tackle box and the other at home.
Big fan of SOG, own a fixed Seal Pup and a little babyteenytiny folder. They come out of the box WICKED sharp!

Reactions: Byron Eby

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

I like this thread. You guys are a bad influence, haha. I'm in the market for a new EDC knife. Currently I have a Gerber Remix as my EDC and for my outdoor adventures I have the Bear Grylls Ultimiate Survival knife. I don't have any actual photos of them, so here are some stock photos.bear.jpg knifey.jpg

Reactions: Iubootgater

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I have the bear grylls knife too. It mot seem like a gimmick but it's a pretty sweet knife. I have no complaints about it. I also have a gerber lmf II and a SOG WWII MK1 navy issue fighting knife, it's a reissue from song a few years ago, but it's a great field knife.

Reactions: Philbobagginz

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I know some people frown on Gerber but I have always been very pleased and own many Gerber knives.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I know some people frown on Gerber but I have always been very pleased and own many Gerber knives.
I agree. I've owned some very cheap gerbers, which were just ok, but you get what you pay for. All of their mid level or better stuff has always been great. I'm not a fan of their multi-tools though. I'd rather have a leatherman.

OkieMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Marty
Last Name
AAAA
Member #

I carry a Kershaw Blur for work (awesome knife for the money)
Carry a Benchmade mini barrage or a Benchmade 4300 CLA (amazing knife)
In the field a ESSE 4 or a Mora in a custom kydex sheath

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

I own 4 Esee knives ,I use a knife every day at work and life ...they make excellent tools in my opinion ..the things you can do ,granted you shouldn't do..like pry and twist ....they are super solid and a hell of a deal over other options...I personally like my gerber better than my leatherman but both are awesome..I have two izula 2s,jungalas and a Esse 3 or 4 midsize that is awesome but i never carry it,...my izula is amazing lil blade

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

My work knife is a Hoffman Richter that I found. My normal folders are a CRKT M16 ZLEK and a Kershaw Brawler. Then I carry a Gerber fixed in the truck. I love all 4 of them

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

These are my 2 EDC knives. The Kershaw has came in handy many times with the screw bits to not have to dig for my leather man or a screwdriver in my toolbox. The little Gerber on my key chain was an impulse amazon add on for 5 bucks and was so worth it. It is very nice and convenient to have right on my keys.

siznarf

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Francis
Last Name
B
Member #

My trusty Buck #102

Just sharpened this morning, sharp enough for shaving ... too bad I don't have facial hair (yes, I have eyebrows)

Reactions: VCeXpedition

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

My wife thinks I carry too many tools around with me, and she's probably right, but here's my EDC tool list:

Rick Hinderer XM 18 3.5 with Slicer Blade - http://www.knifeart.com/rickhinderer5.html
This thing slices through everything like butter and is built like a tank. It can pry, but I have better tools for that.

Leatherman Signal - https://www.leatherman.com/signal-439.html
I've been carrying Leatherman tools since I was a kid. This one is fairly new to the market and is aimed at the boyscout / girlscout in all of us.
I would carry the Rebar on me if it had a pocket clip.

Casey Lynch All Access Pass Pry Tool - http://www.lynchnw.com/
I carry around a larger Les George pry bar out in the weird and wild woods, but this little Lynch is a dynamo for daily doings.
(Here's the link to the George as well: http://www.monkeyedge.com/George-Knives-Ti-Pry-Titanium-Pry-Bar-p/lgk0022-mf045.htm)

Rounding off the kit is a handy little flashlight I picked up originally as a stocking stuffer for my brother, but ended up getting for myself as well:
Streamlight MicroStream - http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=144

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

Below are some of my EDC blades, but I own an ESEE-3 thats stays in my GHB. My ESEE-5 is in my camp gear just in case. I use an old Kershaw Amphibian for cooking. but I do like the Moras. My favorite EDC is the Benchmade Volli First Production.
KNives.jpg