Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Here are the knives I have with me at the moment. The Gerber Curve stays on my key chain, the CRKT K.I.S.S. stays in my pocket and the Leatherman Skeletool stays in my backpack.
upload_2018-2-6_15-49-51.png

Traveler I

Valencia, Venezuela
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Meléndez
I lo
Hi Overland Bound Members....I picked up a new knife a few months back and wanted to share my thoughts on it. First, like many of you...I have many knifes and buy them often for all kinds of things and every one of my vehicles has at least one knife tucked away in it.

I bought the Gerber Bear Brylls folding sheath knife at REI. I was looking for an all around pocket knife. I found this knife to be well balanced and I love the way the knife handles feel in my hand! Some of features include dual thumbstud, lockback, full fine edge blade (great for cutting apples), a nice textured rubber grip, and sturdy sheath. The blade is very, very sharp…I was testing the blade out and cut myself with out realizing it. It also came with handy "priorities of survival pocket guide". The knife at $38 bucks is a very good buy.

Dominic

View attachment 25 View attachment 27
I love Gerber knife

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

For those interested in the Leatherman Wave, it's on sale this week at unitedbyblue for $72.00. In fact their whole site is in sale mode.

I usually see Leatherman Waves for $89 and $99. There is a newer version out, the Wave+, with replaceable wire cutters, which is $99.95 and includes free engraving, though I see some guys going back to their original Wave.

The one at unitedbyblue is the black/silver combo. I'm assuming the black is black oxide similar to their all black one. Still all stainless, evidently. I just ordered one to check it out.

Thought those interested in Leatherman Wave might like to know. No affiliation.

Here's the link: https://unitedbyblue.com/collections/axes-pocket-knives/products/leatherman-wave-multitool

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I always use my Leatherman Surge, it goes with me everywhere.

I did receive a nice gift this Christmas with a bit of an unusual story behind it. Check out the video I made about it.
Another clever vid . . .yep, I'm a bushcraft fan though already subscribed. Hope you do more!

UTVgear

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMHO, ive found that the Mora line of knives is the best bang for the buck. Personally I use the Companion and the robust for my utility needs. The best part is the price. about $12 for the companion, and about $15 for the Robust online.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mora-Sweden-Morakniv-Companion-Robust-Heavy-Duty-Carbon-Steel-Orange-Knife-11867-/310787930422?hash=item485c677936. they come in different colors and their Scananavian grind produces the sharpest knife ive ever seen.
I agree. I'm addicted to Mora knives.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have a few knives here is one made by my step dad. FB_IMG_1530733095484.jpg

20180704_164758.jpg

I have more but mainly fixed blades

Last edited:

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

I’ll play along...
left to right
Mora Hd. My go to hiking/ bug out bag blade
Crappy S&W
Keyshawn Blur. Damn I love this knife
Puma Game warden. Inherited and some fine steel it is. Super sharp!
Beker BK9 with custom zebra wood handle. I even grooved out parts specific to my Grip profile.
Pal RH 36. Inherited. I believe it’s a WW2 issue.
Marbles hatchet. Wait... that’s not a knife! Still love it though. Will shave hair.

5B9F96D2-83D5-4D51-AB6D-9C4BC5CBCC0F.jpeg
Oh top one is crappy Coleman.

Last edited:

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

Oh. The BK9
Great do it all. It is a great chopper, does batton work and I can still do bushcraft w it.
I stripped the blade and gave it a patina. It also had an annoying thumb jib on top that I ground down a bit.

F5902958-712B-4DEC-9E97-11D48C1AD208.jpeg

Here’s the handle. Zebra wood cross grain finished w tongue oil and bees wax.
The reverse side is mirrored grain as well. Bout cuf off my finger trying to bisect the piece of blank w a miter saw!
Like I said, I indented the edges specific to my finger spacing, so sorry guys, you can’t use it. :smilingimp:

504A04EF-1C65-435D-A459-83840ECC4944.jpeg

Last edited: