Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Hey JT sorry for the delay, been in France eating bread lol
We're planning a run/trip/exploration of new horizons as we speak! I'll DM ya we'll make somthing happen no problama!

Attachments

Mike P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Just recently moved to Knoxville from Chicago. Looking for some spots to camp in a truck tent and do some light overlanding in a silverado(not a pavement princess though, pinstripes look good on her). Hopefully get out a bit here and there.
Hey welcome to Tennessee! Pinstripes have always been great conversation starters however, nobody enjoys that first one that runs headlight to tail light... Still makes ya smile though don't it!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all. New member. Native of Western NC but recently moved to East TN. I would love to get out and take a few day trips. My rig is my daily driver and stock so not looking for anything too technical but love to see the good scenery East Tennessee is known for.
Welcome to TN and OB!

Reactions: skinnyb

Bigdeck1987

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Trimble, TN, USA
First Name
JUSTIN
Last Name
Decker
Member #

West TN here. The wife and I try to get out as much as possible. We normally live at LBL . I have rode with 615 for a short period of time on a trip. Seems to always be a good time. Look forward to the '22 season. We are planning on being at Colson Hollow with a few of our Expeditionportal friends.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

West TN here. The wife and I try to get out as much as possible. We normally live at LBL . I have rode with 615 for a short period of time on a trip. Seems to always be a good time. Look forward to the '22 season. We are planning on being at Colson Hollow with a few of our Expeditionportal friends.
Did our first playing around at LBL a few weeks ago and loved it (even if cut short by 30-40 mph winds). Looking forward to exploring it more in the near future.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Great Lil day trip, I love that place! We've only explored SE TN up area so far. Drop a post next time ya go!
We're hoping to get back for a night or two once it warms up a bit. Not equipped for winter camping just yet (soon I hope).

jg45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bartlett, TN
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilmer
Member #

Hi. West TN here. Been to LBL a few times including a Jeep Jamboree many years ago. I usually head to the Ozarks or Ouachita's in Arkansas when I am getting away for a few days.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Hi. West TN here. Been to LBL a few times including a Jeep Jamboree many years ago. I usually head to the Ozarks or Ouachita's in Arkansas when I am getting away for a few days.
I might have to ping you this spring. Wife and I are wanting to go explore Ouachita a bit once it warms up. Looking to find some potential areas that aren't just dirt road, but also aren't so bad that I'd have to worry about not having full self-recovery capabilities yet. :)

Reactions: jg45

MojaveJT

Rank I

Contributor III

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Danton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI4MHQ
Let's answer some questions and get some more trips planned!!!

East, West or Middle TN... Where are you from?
How often do you get out on the trails?
Where are you headed next?
What type of event would you like to see hosted and where in TN?
Hello All,

living in Middle Tennessee. I am kinda new to this concept of Overlanding. I have been camping for many years. Car camping for may more. I have not done many trail rides, looking to do some soon.

I am not sure what kind of events or meet up, but interested in meeting people and learning more.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Let's answer some questions and get some more trips planned!!!

East, West or Middle TN... Where are you from?
How often do you get out on the trails?
Where are you headed next?
What type of event would you like to see hosted and where in TN?
Hello All,

living in Middle Tennessee. I am kinda new to this concept of Overlanding. I have been camping for many years. Car camping for may more. I have not done many trail rides, looking to do some soon.

I am not sure what kind of events or meet up, but interested in meeting people and learning more.
Welcome from Charlotte, NC. Lots of trails in ETN and WNC.

MojaveJT

Rank I

Contributor III

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Danton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI4MHQ
Most of my trips are car camping. We have spent lots of time in East TN, and West NC mostly near the rivers. We enjoy whitewater trips and camping with our friends. I am interented in learning more about trip planning. Information like where you are allowed to camp for the night, how to find out regulations.

I am still building out my rig, but I have most of the needed camping gear.

Last edited:

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Most of my trips are car camping. We have spent lots of time in East TN, and West NC mostly near the rivers. We enjoy whitewater trips and camping with our friends. I am interented in learning more about trip planning. Information like where you are allowed to camp for the night, how to find out regulations.

I am still building out my rig, but I have most of the needed camping gear.
The good news is overlanding is essentially car camping with a car that can get to more places. :)

Reactions: MojaveJT

Taco07

Rank I

Contributor III

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cook
Sup folks,

West TN here. New to overlanding but I'm all in. Just about finished with build. Got the whole yakima rack/rtt set up. Hoping to add bumper/winch this weekend.

I'm game for most anything from middle TN to Arkansas now and east TN during summer.

First trip will probably be LBL asap. Definitely wanting to learn from the pros and do a meetup soon if anyone knows of any.

Cheers!

Propizzle99

Rank I

Contributor II

Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Strickland
Hello all. New member. Native of Western NC but recently moved to East TN. I would love to get out and take a few day trips. My rig is my daily driver and stock so not looking for anything too technical but love to see the good scenery East Tennessee is known for.
I'm in east tn as well,oneida to be exact I've hit some pretty easy trails with my jeep wk. My advice if you haven't already checked it out is go to the nemo abandoned railroad tunnel in Wartburg tn.

Reactions: Taco07 and skinnyb

skinnyb

Rank II

Contributor III

Blaine, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Pope
Member #

I'm in east tn as well,oneida to be exact I've hit some pretty easy trails with my jeep wk. My advice if you haven't already checked it out is go to the nemo abandoned railroad tunnel in Wartburg tn.
I've heard a lot about it. Plan to go in the spring. Might even go explore Chuck Swann as well. It's a lot closer for me.

Reactions: Propizzle99

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
Hey TN folks!
New to OB. I am in Chattanooga. When we head out we go to Cherokee NF, usually around the Ocoee and Tellico area. Just got a new to me 08 Tacoma and adventure trailer so we plan on getting out a lot more this spring and summer. Headed to the Tellico area this weekend for a couple of nights.