Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Manchester TN here. Was overlanding in my 2017 WK2 but I just got my hands on a 2018 Wrangler JLU. Been solo to the KAT and Georgia traverse in the WK2. Can’t wait to head out in the JLU.
Nice. I'm currently building out a 21 WK2 as a combination daily driver/convertible overlanding rig. Still need to get rails and a rear guard (going Chief), and ultimately a rack capable of supporting an RTT (also Chief), but having to space those buys out a bit, not to mention supply chain fun.

Reactions: wk2.thing

Ghosthunter1

Rank 0

Contributor I

Robinson, IL, USA
First Name
JASON
Last Name
DICKERSON
Hey guys! new to the group. Actually live in Illinois but have been going to the LBL every chance I get. Have ya'll heard of any of the weird stuff that goes on there? I'm a paranormal investigator/cryptid researcher and just recently started overlanding to allow me access to more remote locations. Seems like a lot goes on down there. any info, stories or places of interest I should check out?

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Hey guys! new to the group. Actually live in Illinois but have been going to the LBL every chance I get. Have ya'll heard of any of the weird stuff that goes on there? I'm a paranormal investigator/cryptid researcher and just recently started overlanding to allow me access to more remote locations. Seems like a lot goes on down there. any info, stories or places of interest I should check out?
I don't know of any specifics, but given the entire history of the area and how it was created, it's rife with possibilities. There are some 270 cemeteries there from the communities that existed before the area was damned and flooded. Pick any of the off road trails and it's likely an old cemetery road. And now that I'm typing, I do recall something of a "Phantom Trucker" story, along with some talk of Civil War soldiers being spotted wandering the area.

Bozz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
CURRIER
Nashville, TN here. Been on TN Dirt Devil a bunch of times. Missed going to LBL last week with friends. Heard it was a great trip.

BAMFGX

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Yancy
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Gallatin, TN here. New to the area.
Just getting started, so we'll start out close to home. Eventually will do trips to LBL and beyond.

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kay
Service Branch
PMC
Knoxville area here (Lenoir City)
Fairly new to overland camping, still debating on getting a trailer or doing a RTT. I have a 2018 F150 with a full raptor suspension swap on it, so pretty capable truck for hitting trails. I’ve been off-roading everywhere from the east coast all the way out to AZ and Moab. My new job keeps me pretty busy but looking forward to getting out with some new people and exploring the E TN area.

Reactions: bcmedicxj

BAMFGX

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Gallatin, TN, USA
First Name
Yancy
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Knoxville area here (Lenoir City)
Fairly new to overland camping, still debating on getting a trailer or doing a RTT. I have a 2018 F150 with a full raptor suspension swap on it, so pretty capable truck for hitting trails. I’ve been off-roading everywhere from the east coast all the way out to AZ and Moab. My new job keeps me pretty busy but looking forward to getting out with some new people and exploring the E TN area.
Welcome! Hoping this group grows in this area and maybe start having meets ups.

KY_Catfish

Rank I

Contributor III

Springfield, TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Sisk
Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Middle TN - North of Nashville.

I haven't been on trails in a long time, ready to ease back into it. I have no experience in camping with trail riding.

I'd like to meet up with some experienced folks and do some local day trips.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Collierville, TN here....(suburb of Memphis)
Sadly, we're not too close to much fun. Either LBL or Ouchita are the closest for decent dispersed camping/overlanding fun. (And don't let too many native Collierville folk here you refer to suburb of Memphis... they don't take too kindly to that in my experience. :) )

Bozz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
CURRIER
Got my tent set up on my truck. Heading out to the Georgia Traverse next weekend (Thurs 10/26 - Sun 10/29). Probably starting around Franklin, NC and heading West.

20231017_180614.jpg

Reactions: danwyandt

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Located in East Tennessee

My family and I are new to overlanding and haven’t got out yet on the trails. We are trying to find good places to go and getting everything setup to do some adventures. Found this forum in hopes to get ideas, maybe meet up with a group and figure out where to go.
Welcome to OB. I'm not familiar with trails in the tri-cities area, I'm sure there are a lot. But there is a good beginner trail in NC called Old Hwy 105. It runs from Marion, NC to Linville Falls towards Banner Elk. It's a great day trip with amazing views and boondock camping is available. The Cherokee Nat Forest around Tellico Plains, TN has a lot of trails and camping areas.

JT Skirata

Rank I

Contributor III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Tomkinson
Hey Gang! Does anyone have any good Gen 3 Tacoma shop referrals? Im in the Nashville area and looking to get some work done but dont feel like rolling the dice on if a shop is any good with Tacomas. First bit of work will be small, like roof rack and suspension corrections. but could be looking at more work down the road and would like a trusted/vouched for shop to do the work. Any suggestions?

SonOfChesty

Rank I

Contributor III

Kingsport, Sullivan County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Adventurer
Service Branch
USMC
East Tennessee here I’m new to overlanding and currently trying to get my vehicles fixed, built and ready to start going on adventures with my family. I’m looking for good places near the tri-cities area. We want to start easy and later get into more advanced trails.

Reactions: Bozz