Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Well all done! Picked up the car this morning. Couldn't even wait 12 hours to get some dirt on it, lol. Took off some stupid factory aftermarket crossbars they had on top of the rails and headed off to the shooting range with it. There was some deep ruts as usual there and was very impressed with the stock clearence. Have the Weathertechs on order and will be ordering the full under armor setup from Primitive in the next few hours as well. Went ahead and bought my membership and OB Emblem as well. Here's to the future!

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

New Subaru owner here. 17 Outback 2.5i Limited(still stock). I wanted to introduce my self and tell about today's adventures. I decided I would take my family hiking today. I was going to take as many dirt roads as I could find to get us there. I found myself on a class 6 road. First time I got to test the Subaru. We found some water, mud and also did I bit of rock crawling. In the end I had to turn around. The Subaru just doesn't have the ground clearance. I was really impressed by its capabilities. Never once did I feel it wasn't going to make it. I didn't buy this car and expect it to be a rock crawler but now I know what she is capable of. I'm very happy to join the Subaru owners club! Cheers (Sorry no pic from today).

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Just ppicked it up Monday, 2.5i. Scheduled for a 2" Anderson Lift, tires and skid plates. Roof rack going on today after a long drive from Vancouver, WA yesterday where I picked her up. Ran great.
Calling her Jod after my late wife Jodi, we'll still be traveling together. Happy trails everyone.
IMG_2187.JPG

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Very nice! I look forward to your modifications and Alaska trip. I think I previously pointed you to the minor modifications I made for mine, which were mostly comfort and convenience related.

Deb just looked at a new 2.5i Limited to replace her aging sedan. (Along with a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and the new larger Honda CRV.) I'm hoping to get back into the Subaru family, but I'll let her make the decision.

If you haven't found it yet, visit subaruoutback.org for lots of discussion on Outbacks. Not many venture off pavement, but there is a lot of information there. I'm smorris on the forum, but haven't been there much since selling my Outback and WRX Wagon last year.

Enjoy the new Outback!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Very nice! I look forward to your modifications and Alaska trip. I think I previously pointed you to the minor modifications I made for mine, which were mostly comfort and convenience related.

Deb just looked at a new 2.5i Limited to replace her aging sedan. (Along with a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and the new larger Honda CRV.) I'm hoping to get back into the Subaru family, but I'll let her make the decision.

If you haven't found it yet, visit subaruoutback.org for lots of discussion on Outbacks. Not many venture off pavement, but there is a lot of information there. I'm smorris on the forum, but haven't been there much since selling my Outback and WRX Wagon last year.

Enjoy the new Outback!
Yes I saw your list from something you wrote before and it is one I am going thru seeing what I want to use. Yes very minor changes to make it a little more capable. Put the badge on her today.
IMG_2206.JPG

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Just ppicked it up Monday, 2.5i. Scheduled for a 2" Anderson Lift, tires and skid plates. Roof rack going on today after a long drive from Vancouver, WA yesterday where I picked her up. Ran great.
Calling her Jod after my late wife Jodi, we'll still be traveling together. Happy trails everyone.
View attachment 15441
Congrats on the new Subaru - looks great!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Enjoy the new Outback!
How about a nice Range Rover Sport? ;-)

Reactions: Steve