Subaru Owners Registry

• HTML tutorial

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Not going to lie it's going to be long. If you mount it outside the hatch you'll be able to have it centered better but if not you'll be looking at it through the windshield. Granted it's a 3rd gen but here it is on an OB members former car.

View attachment 32211
hmmmmm, I may just have to exchange it for the 2000... we'll see. It's not going to be on there permanently as the Bomber Products AWN locks are crazy easy to take on & off. I figured the extra size would be awesome for the times when it's really needed. Ahhhh the trials of building up an adventure mobile!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
hmmmmm, I may just have to exchange it for the 2000... we'll see. It's not going to be on there permanently as the Bomber Products AWN locks are crazy easy to take on & off. I figured the extra size would be awesome for the times when it's really needed. Ahhhh the trials of building up an adventure mobile!
Haha! The extra size would be nice but in my opinion it's just too long. Maybe you'll like it but here's the 2000.

IMG_1568.JPG

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Duracell is no longer under Oddessy (EnerSys) brand . They're now made by EastPenn.
Yeah I didn't think so. Bummer because it was cheaper than the same Oddesy battery.

Yeah, that just looks right... Well when it arrives i'll take a look then make the call. But the 2000 certainly looks better.
I would agree. Sorry I don't have a good driver side shot but you can see where it extends to front/back here. It is as close as it can get to touching my hatch when it opens.

IMG_1732.JPG

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Yeah I didn't think so. Bummer because it was cheaper than the same Oddesy battery.

I would agree. Sorry I don't have a good driver side shot but you can see where it extends to front/back here. It is as close as it can get to touching my hatch when it opens.

View attachment 32213
No worries. Looks super clean. I have a yakima box on the passenger side, So I'm not trying to have the shit looking like some mad max battle whip, though that could be cool. hahaha

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

Haha! The extra size would be nice but in my opinion it's just too long. Maybe you'll like it but here's the 2000.

View attachment 32212
I'm curious if anyone here has done a foxwing off an Outback or Forester? I've been kicking the idea around but I'm not sure if he hatch height when open would interfere with it.

Seems like it would provide more coverage without the extra length.

Reactions: Low594

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I'm curious if anyone here has done a foxwing off an Outback or Forester? I've been kicking the idea around but I'm not sure if he hatch height when open would interfere with it.

Seems like it would provide more coverage without the extra length.
I haven't seen it on either but the Foxwing is actually slightly longer than the ARB 2500.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
New registry checking in. A lot of you have probably already seen my truck on FB or IG. But aside from my Brat I also own a 2017 BRZ series yellow.
Forgot to say it but welcome! I'm sure quite a few of us are familiar with your awesome Brat!

I was thinking the Foxwing Eco 2.1, comes in right around 2000 mm in length.

http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/sport-leisure/shade/awnings/foxwing-eco-2-1_31117
Not going to lie I don't believe I've ever seen this version before. It's great that there's a shorter option but that also means it doesn't reach out as far. I think I prefer the slightly over 8' reach of of ARB but it's definitely an option!

Reactions: iluvdrt

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

Forgot to say it but welcome! I'm sure quite a few of us are familiar with your awesome Brat!

Not going to lie I don't believe I've ever seen this version before. It's great that there's a shorter option but that also means it doesn't reach out as far. I think I prefer the slightly over 8' reach of of ARB but it's definitely an option!
I think you are right. Besides, looking at how high the Outback hatch raises, you'd have to mount any foxwing absurdly high to get it to clear. There goes that idea.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I think you are right. Besides, looking at how high the Outback hatch raises, you'd have to mount any foxwing absurdly high to get it to clear. There goes that idea.
I know I mounted mine as high as I could so that I could stand under it next to the wagon. Wasn't high enough so I lifted the car more... haha.

Don't forget that a solution to the hatch is the lift height memory feature. You can set it so it only opens as high as you want.

Nice Friday down evening atop Reddish Knob. Quick overnight campout at the Stokesville Lodge & Campground. Did a gravel ride (overlanding on my bike) and managed to hook a nice rainbow trout on a dry fly this morning. Not a bad 24 hrs. Huge thanks to Wawa Skittletits for the good advice about
my build!
Looking good man, glad to help.

Does anyone know who makes a roof basket wide enough to be attached to an Outbacks existing bars without crossbars ?
Are you asking if theres one that fits on the OE crossbars without purchasing aftermarket ones? or if theres a basket wide enough to be rigged/mounted directly to the rails? What year Outback?

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
I know I mounted mine as high as I could so that I could stand under it next to the wagon. Wasn't high enough so I lifted the car more... haha.

Don't forget that a solution to the hatch is the lift height memory feature. You can set it so it only opens as high as you want.

Looking good man, glad to help.

Are you asking if theres one that fits on the OE crossbars without purchasing aftermarket ones? or if theres a basket wide enough to be rigged/mounted directly to the rails? What year Outback?

Directly to the rails. 2003

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Directly to the rails. 2003
Well I know the Yakima Mega Warrior goes all the way across the roof of the 5th gen but that still doesn't put the support bars above the rails. Hopefully someone can chime in with an idea for you.

New member and new Subaru owner here. I just (as of Friday 8/18/17) picked up my first Subaru, a new 2017 Outback. Looking forward to all the future adventures and modding it a bit to better suit my needs.
Welcome! What part of Pennsyltucky are you in?

Reactions: buckwilk