Subaru Owners Registry

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Naidu

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
G
Awesome, thanks for the info. Yes, bare bones it does look like one of the army surplus trailers that used to come with Jeeps. Nice to see it towed by an SK Forester.

I have an SK myself; planning to slowly build an overlanding rig out of it. Still in the dreaming and planning part of it all.

dennisblass

Rank II
Adventure

Contributor II

Trussville, AL, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Blass
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK4GHR
I have a 2017 Subaru Outback. I'll be buying some all terrain tires son. After that come a skid plate or an all steel engine under plate. I'll probably buy a brush guard after that. Id like to attend a rally event and look at mods other owners have made and talk with them about specifics, such as name brands and install issues. Any advice is appreciated.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Member I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

I have a 2017 Subaru Outback. I'll be buying some all terrain tires son. After that come a skid plate or an all steel engine under plate. I'll probably buy a brush guard after that. Id like to attend a rally event and look at mods other owners have made and talk with them about specifics, such as name brands and install issues. Any advice is appreciated.
What do you want ok now?

Attachments

Wawa Skittletits

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRBZ674
Welcome Dennis! I’ve been seeing your activity on the forums and knew it was only a matter of time before you found this thread haha.

Mods to the 5th gen (15-19) are really well documented at this point and I’d encourage you to simply ask any questions you may have. Beyond that MtnRoo undoubtedly has a local to you chapter and I’m sure they have meetings/trail rides. That would be a good opportunity to see and speak with people about off road Subarus in general while also getting an opportunity to take yours out. Overland Bound rally points are a great way to meet up with like minded people but your exposure to other Subarus would, more than likely, be limited. That said it’s a better opportunity to talk to people about gear and the like.

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

dennisblass

Rank II
Adventure

Contributor II

Trussville, AL, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Blass
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK4GHR
Welcome Dennis! I’ve been seeing your activity on the forums and knew it was only a matter of time before you found this thread haha.

Mods to the 5th gen (15-19) are really well documented at this point and I’d encourage you to simply ask any questions you may have. Beyond that MtnRoo undoubtedly has a local to you chapter and I’m sure they have meetings/trail rides. That would be a good opportunity to see and speak with people about off road Subarus in general while also getting an opportunity to take yours out. Overland Bound rally points are a great way to meet up with like minded people but your exposure to other Subarus would, more than likely, be limited. That said it’s a better opportunity to talk to people about gear and the like.
Thank you. I’ll be looking for MtnRoo.

nevertoolatetoescape

Rank I
Adventure

Contributor I

Mount Pleasant, Racine County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD9RCO
Hey guys, I'm new to OB, camping and all thigs overlanding in general. I'm here to learn!

Here is my 2015 Forester 2.5i.
Method Racine MR502 v-spec 15x7
Falken Wildpeak AT/3 in 235/75/15
ADF 2" front and 2.5" rear.
Prinsu Roof Rack
Apache rifle case in the roof for tools and recovery gear.
Yakima tire mount for the roof
Midland MX275 GMRS radio with Midland 6db gain antenna.
BaoFeng BF-F8HP for HAM with Amazon antenna.
Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE Fog lights
ADF Ditch Light Brackets
Nilight Ditch Lights
Rally Armor Mudflaps
EZ Flares Fender Flares
Primitive Racing Engine, Transmission and Rear Diff Skid Plates

Future Mods:
Window Tint
Diode Dynamics 42" Light Bar for Prinsu
Rotopax SIde Mounts
Traction Boards/Mounts
Mobile Ham Radio