Davisville, MO, USA
First Name
Gypsy
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey folks, I'm new-ish I've got a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5x I'm slowly modifying after I finish fixing all the things on it. I've enjoyed reading all the build threads and adding some more ideas to my already substantial list. This is wildly different than the YJ on 35's that I left behind for this gorgeous lady

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We have decided on getting a new Outback Wilderness. I want something we can travel around our backcountry routes with, that is great on the road in the snow, and also gets decent gas milage. We are keeping the pat and ordering the new wilderness in either green or blue soon. Of course goodies will be added on as well. When we place the order we will be ordering a bunch of LP parts as well as the ironman lift since it's springs and shocks and not spacers like other lifts. The same reason we went with the Rough Country on the Patriot.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Oh, there was a guy who was on a driving sports video with a wilderness and had some rear diff work done, and he now has an Automatic locker in the back end. Went ANYWHERE the 4runner did locked in low range. Anyone have any information on his mods, also the oil and CVT coolers would be a great source as well.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

We have decided on getting a new Outback Wilderness. I want something we can travel around our backcountry routes with, that is great on the road in the snow, and also gets decent gas milage. We are keeping the pat and ordering the new wilderness in either green or blue soon.
My wife's Patriot is about 150,000 K and we'll be swapping it soon as well.

She's looking at the Rav4 and also the Hyundai Santa Cruz. She's always wanted an Outback, but the CVT still scares me. Maybe with a lifetime warranty.

Best to ya.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We are at 135,000KM. There are spots of rust starting to show its face around the rig. We aer getting them fixed, the lift is going in next week and I am then adding the brush guard and lighting. Add in a roof rack platform, and we are done.

Oh, btw, to keep this Subaru related.....This rig will be kept along with getting the OB wilderness. 2 cool rigs are better than one.

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Well, I guess we're now in the club. She got a '22 Forester Wilderness yesterday. Barely used, bought the extended warranty just for kicks.

The dealer took my OVERLAND BOUND medallion off the Jeep for us, so it'll go on the Foz.

I'll get some pics up soon, gotta help a brother move today with my Ram.
Awesome. You guys are going to love it I think. There is a Foz sport scooting around here and it looks like a killer rig. There is also a retired pharmacist just down the road from me who has owned around 8 of them. The entire family has a latest model forester each in different colors 4 of them.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Here we go.

I took the Thule Canyon off the Patriot before trading it, cleaned it up and rattle canned it with Dupli-Color Bed Liner. It looks BETTER than new and is de-badged.

Those Wilderness editions look very nice!

Seriously considering one of these. The price difference between a 2 year old Forester Sport and a new Forester Wikderness is about 10 grand. Thinking of going with the 2 year old sport and doing a lift, adding a cam. That won't put me in 8 "speed manual paddle shift" territory, nor will it address the Wilderness 's stronger roof rack, but would still work for me since it would be kayaks or a Thule Summit type box up there, not a RTT.