Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
The boys and I took our trailer for its first trip to the snow. Everyone had a great time. We stayed warm and cozy all weekend.View attachment 90839View attachment 90840View attachment 90841
I'm curious if you do anything special to stay "warm and cozy all weekend"? Do you use any kind of heat generator, like a Mr. Heater Little Buddy, or do you just bundle up?

Also, your trailer turned out amazing! I've gone back through the entire thread to watch your build process and it looks like you did a phenomenal job.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I'm curious if you do anything special to stay "warm and cozy all weekend"? Do you use any kind of heat generator, like a Mr. Heater Little Buddy, or do you just bundle up?

Also, your trailer turned out amazing! I've gone back through the entire thread to watch your build process and it looks like you did a phenomenal job.
Thank you.
I bought the Mr. Heater Buddy. I went with the Buddy instead of the Little Buddy. I think the Little Buddy would've been just as good. But for a little more money, I got more BTU's and a larger base. I turned it on 2 times during the night . No doubt that was the best purchase I've made.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Great to know. I'm looking at getting one as well so I'd started looking at some video reviews last night. I may go with the full-size as well. My wife and I were camping in Pisgah this weekend and although it wasn't miserable cold, it was definitely just south of comfortable in our bags. :grinning:

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Great to know. I'm looking at getting one as well so I'd started looking at some video reviews last night. I may go with the full-size as well. My wife and I were camping in Pisgah this weekend and although it wasn't miserable cold, it was definitely just south of comfortable in our bags. :grinning:
I was really impressed with it. It was 27* outside, and pretty warm in the tent. At one point one of my boys said to turn off the heat cause it was to hot. The safety on the MR. Heater is nice. I didn't worry one bit while sleeping. You just bump it and it would shut off.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
"Too hot"...that's incredible. :laughing:

And I guess you felt safe enough with the tent ventilation to not worry about CO levels?