• HTML tutorial

UFOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, UT
Member #

Hey there fellow overlanders!

We have a great opportunity coming up to get outdoors, have some fun, and spread the word about overland bound. I would like to invite all of you to join me in participating at the 2017 Winter 4x4 Jamboree. This event takes place at Sand Hollow State park, located just outside of St. George Utah. It runs from 19-21st, which is a Thursday, Friday, and a Saturday. Trails range from easy dirt roads, to rock crawling. If you've never been to southern Utah, it is an Overlander's paradise. If you plan on attending this event, it is also a good time to visit one of the National Parks(Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef) which are close in proximity to St. George. Since it's January, it won't be as crowded.As I mentioned before, there's numerous trails at this event that groups will be going on. Each group that goes out on various trails will be accompanied by a guide. There's many other things happening during each day besides the trail runs.

If you want to find out more about how this all works, visit the event's website, www.winter4x4jamboree.com

I really think this would be a great opportunity to spread the word about Overland Bound. I hope to meet up with some of you other members as well and hopefully generate some interest in Overland Bound for overlanders here in Southern Utah. As of now, I am the sole OB member here in the southern half of Utah! I would like to change that. Join me! It will be fun! In addition to the website above, there is also a FB page where you can find out more info. Thanks!

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Retirement is on the horizon for my wife and I and St. George is on the short list. We have been there for a week previously and will be in St. George again the week before this event -- darn, wish I would have seen this, it would have been so nice to come out and meet some folks! We both really love the area, the people, activities and now we see there is an active OB presence...cinches it for me!!! :flushed:

I know you will have a great time and look forward to seeing the reports and photos! Keeping this in mind for next year!!

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Retirement is on the horizon for my wife and I and St. George is on the short list. We have been there for a week previously and will be in St. George again the week before this event -- darn, wish I would have seen this, it would have been so nice to come out and meet some folks! We both really love the area, the people, activities and now we see there is an active OB presence...cinches it for me!!! :flushed:

I know you will have a great time and look forward to seeing the reports and photos! Keeping this in mind for next year!!
I love St. George, it's a great small city. You have a lot of amenities and great outdoor activities. Prices are reasonable and it's very clean and safe. I am not sure of your religious background (you don't have to answer), but it is predominantly LDS, though there are quite a few non Mormons in the city (but not as diverse as SLC). I know a few folks who moved into a few parts of UT and felt pretty isolated. Send me a message if you want to know more about the area, though where I was is rather different and they sadly aren't very friendly to outsiders.

Reactions: NetDep

DaveSLC

Rank 0

Contributor II

Hey there fellow overlanders!

We have a great opportunity coming up to get outdoors, have some fun, and spread the word about overland bound. I would like to invite all of you to join me in participating at the 2017 Winter 4x4 Jamboree. This event takes place at Sand Hollow State park, located just outside of St. George Utah. It runs from 19-21st, which is a Thursday, Friday, and a Saturday. Trails range from easy dirt roads, to rock crawling. If you've never been to southern Utah, it is an Overlander's paradise. If you plan on attending this event, it is also a good time to visit one of the National Parks(Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef) which are close in proximity to St. George. Since it's January, it won't be as crowded.As I mentioned before, there's numerous trails at this event that groups will be going on. Each group that goes out on various trails will be accompanied by a guide. There's many other things happening during each day besides the trail runs.

If you want to find out more about how this all works, visit the event's website, www.winter4x4jamboree.com

I really think this would be a great opportunity to spread the word about Overland Bound. I hope to meet up with some of you other members as well and hopefully generate some interest in Overland Bound for overlanders here in Southern Utah. As of now, I am the sole OB member here in the southern half of Utah! I would like to change that. Join me! It will be fun! In addition to the website above, there is also a FB page where you can find out more info. Thanks!
I'll be passing through on my way to Vegas for a trip planned 20-22; can I attend the Jamboree for just one day?

Thanks!

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

UFOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, UT
Member #

Greetings everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that I've signed up to do the Toquerville Falls Trail on Saturday, January 21st. Hope to see some of you there! If you plan on attending this event, there's still time to register. If I remember correctly, online registration closes on the 15th, and after that you will have to register in person at the event. Let me know if you are going and I would love to meet you!

UFOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, UT
Member #

I'll be passing through on my way to Vegas for a trip planned 20-22; can I attend the Jamboree for just one day?

Thanks!

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Hi there. Yes! You can! Online registration closes today, but you can still sign up when you get to the event.