Contributor I

Portage Lakes, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Outer Banks Sept 2019
What area of the banks? I haven’t camped there yet (although it was basically camping a few years back when all of Hatteras and Ocracoke lost power), but we vacation there almost every year. In fact, we were down there September 22nd through the 29th this year.

Driving on the beach down there is a blast. There’s just something immensely satisfying to me about driving on that soft sand.

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

What area of the banks? I haven’t camped there yet (although it was basically camping a few years back when all of Hatteras and Ocracoke lost power), but we vacation there almost every year. In fact, we were down there September 22nd through the 29th this year.

Driving on the beach down there is a blast. There’s just something immensely satisfying to me about driving on that soft sand.
We were on Cape Lookout, a few miles north of the Lighthouse. We were there Labor Day weekend. The island was evacuated the day before Labor Day due to Hurricane Dorian

Reactions: LanceK and MotoHop

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Not the most amazing views from camp like some others but this was this past weekend in South Mountain State Park in NC
I camped there almost two years ago, around February I think, the low was 6° in the morning and we had 30° bags! The Mr. Buddy heater was running full bore! great established spot!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Padre Island National Seashore
Cool pano! Got to love Padre.

I was down there first of this year for a week during the shutdown; could still go out and camp but all govt offices were closed up. I cleaned and stocked the rest rooms at the end of the pavement myself for the week.

Here's a few images of my camp there:

padrens_1075-1000.jpg

padrens_1145-1000.jpg

padresns_1779-1000.JPG