Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

I can't for the life of me figure out how to effectivity share a gpx route from the app. I have tried the numerous available methods under the share icon but can get nothing to work.

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

What happens or dont, step by step......

Jim
Nothing happens mate. Here's a quick vid.
I can't figure out how to share. I've made a trail I'd like to share with my local members so that we can follow along using the app as a navigation source. I thought it would be an easy share to (member name.......)
I also tried getting @Luis Merlo to manually search in the map but he couldn't find it.

Reactions: Aussie571

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
OK try this....
in the app map tab you will see 3 short lines top right of page, tap that.
Select "My Locations".
Select "Uploaded" tab. (These are the items you have uploaded).
Find the item you want to share, on the bottom of it's title page you will see buttons (Bookmark, Edit, Map, Share etc). You can scroll them side to side to get to the button you want.
Tap "Share" button, a selection of ways to share should appear, like Messages, Mail, Facebook etc.

Hope that helps, LMK

Jim

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

OK try this....
in the app map tab you will see 3 short lines top right of page, tap that.
Select "My Locations".
Select "Uploaded" tab. (These are the items you have uploaded).
Find the item you want to share, on the bottom of it's title page you will see buttons (Bookmark, Edit, Map, Share etc). You can scroll them side to side to get to the button you want.
Tap "Share" button, a selection of ways to share should appear, like Messages, Mail, Facebook etc.

Hope that helps, LMK

Jim
Sorry nothing works. Can you try and share something with me?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Steve_ohhhhh ! Let’s do a test. This link should open the app and my route:

OB Route - Michael’s

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys - YES. I will post a how-to later this afternoon.

The quick answer is:
You must publish, aka upload your route or it will not be available on our servers for others to see. To do this, when you save a route, choose "add details" and add all required information. Or if you already have a route, edit it and add all details. This will automatically upload the route to the servers. It may take a while for it to be available to others. Up to 24 hrs. We are looking into improving this timeframe.

@Steve_ohhhhh you may still have issues, but we will tackle that.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
@Michael Trails are uploaded. Would be nice for the share button to just generate a link copied to the clipboard for pasting in a post or conversation, or prompt to send link to a member or members via the ob1 platforms own messaging option.
Great suggestion, moved to suggestion thread.

Jim

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

@Michael Trails are uploaded. Would be nice for the share button to just generate a link copied to the clipboard for pasting in a post or conversation, or prompt to send link to a member or members via the ob1 platforms own messaging option.

Jim
@Jim SoG @Michael All well and good however still no closer to knowing how to share gpx file mate...
Cheers
Steven

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Steve, it should! Anyone else with an Android device who can confirm? Steve you’ll remember I have an iPhone :) I’m traveling without mine. This is what I get when I select share from summary card or in the details screen:

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Steve, it should! Anyone else with an Android device who can confirm? Steve you’ll remember I have an iPhone :) I’m traveling without mine. This is what I get when I select share from summary card or in the details screen:
Similar on Android. After clicking the share button in OB1 it leads to the usual Android screen with all the options inlcuding copy link. This is what it looks like with my Android 11 based phone:

Screenshot_20230130-185328_Android System.jpg

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Similar on Android. After clicking the share button in OB1 it leads to the usual Android screen with all the options inlcuding copy link. This is what it looks like with my Android based phone:

View attachment 249187
That is correct behavior. @Steve_ohhhhh what’s wrong with your phone :p Kidding, but it seems like a phone specific thing? If it’s an older OS, an update may be required.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Jim
@Jim SoG @Michael All well and good however still no closer to knowing how to share gpx file mate...
Cheers
Steven
What OS Steve?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Also, there is Share, and Export. Different. Export is sending the actual gpx file. Sharing is sending a link to ob1 location. I Shared with you. That is this icon or “Share”.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Maybe it's because of the Android version? I'm on 11. Or it's the device and its software? I have a Samsung with the latest software version.

What device and software version are you working with @Steve_ohhhhh ?