Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

I hate to say it @Steve_ohhhhh but we may have reached end of service life on your phone. What i am saying is, i don't believe there is anything we can do on the app side. You don't see a copy button when you hit share button. The screen that comes up is purely OS, not OB1. At that point I think its out of our hands. Now, believe it or not, I've been wrong before. But it seems like the current Android Development Environment is not playing nicely with your OS version.

I would hate for you to spend money on a new phone and have it not work. You'd track me down. Do you have other map apps with a version in the last month where the share button works?
I can share and have the copy button in Google maps. And most other apps where sharing is an option. It's all good I'll figure out my own work around for this. Just takes extra steps.
I still think the app should give the option in app to share directly to members so I hope this suggestion can be taken onboard.
Thanks.

Attachments

Reactions: Aussie571

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I can share and have the copy button in Google maps. And most other apps where sharing is an option. It's all good I'll figure out my own work around for this. Just takes extra steps.
I still think the app should give the option in app to share directly to members so I hope this suggestion can be taken onboard.
Thanks.
Yeah - see that's strange. I will definitely follow up with the developers here because if other apps are working, there has to be some app-side difference. Thanks Steve.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I hate to say it @Steve_ohhhhh but we may have reached end of service life on your phone. What i am saying is, i don't believe there is anything we can do on the app side. You don't see a copy button when you hit share button. The screen that comes up is purely OS, not OB1. At that point I think its out of our hands. Now, believe it or not, I've been wrong before. But it seems like the current Android Development Environment is not playing nicely with your OS version.

I would hate for you to spend money on a new phone and have it not work. You'd track me down. Do you have other map apps with a version in the last month where the share button works?
Thanks.
Can I get your build number? It’s in settings.

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Thanks.
Can I get your build number? It’s in settings.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey @Steve_ohhhhh ! Let’s do a test. This link should open the app and my route:

OB Route - Michael’s
Hi guys hope you don't mind...but I have been following this tread..the link worked for me...but was unable to use the phones back arrow to leave the post...had to go to the 3 menu bars select notifications to get back out of it...it's like the phones back/return arrow has been disabled...same thing happens when trying to exit OB1 app!

Attachments

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Steve_ohhhhh ! Let’s do a test. This link should open the app and my route:

OB Route - Michael’s
Hi guys hope you don't mind...but I have been following this tread..the link worked for me...but was unable to use the phones back arrow to leave the post...had to go to the 3 menu bars select notifications to get back out of it...it's like the phones back/return arrow has been disabled...same thing happens when trying to exit OB1 app!
Correct! We found this issue and the latest build will resolve this. Thank you!

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

@Steve_ohhhhh try latest release? We did not do anything explicitly, but A LOT has been changed.
G'day @Michael
Still the same outcome. All good I'll make do with the options I have.
Update looks good. Still no main Metric option hey? I'll add a post on the appropriate thread.
Cheers
Steven.