West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Looks like the Rally point expired. I’ll need to try renewing it or setting up another one.

If you are following this thread and would like to be invited to the new Rigs and Coffee - Charlotte events comment below!
Have we thought about finding a Rally point a little more North? Or would any one be interested in doing another one in Statesville, Lenoir or Yadkinville once in a while?

Reactions: danwyandt

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

I would be happy make it a round robin meetup - Offroad coffee in a park near you. Each month someone can be the host and plan a trip with a coffee stop as the meeting place.

Who wants to go first?

Mack88DO

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Whispering Pines, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
MacKrell
Member #

I like that idea a lot. I’ve got March 2nd-8th off and I’m wanting to plan a trip over that weekend. Thought I would reach out and see who might be interested? Looking at possibly doing portion of KAT or Georgia Traverse. I’m also open to exploring western NC trails but I think there may be a lot of locked gates in NC until after April 1st from what I’ve been reading. SCAR is an option too. Or if anyone has any suggestions of places they’ve wanted to go but haven’t yet I’m game for whatever as long as we’re hitting the dirt!

TLC-Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I like that idea a lot. I’ve got March 2nd-8th off and I’m wanting to plan a trip over that weekend. Thought I would reach out and see who might be interested? Looking at possibly doing portion of KAT or Georgia Traverse. I’m also open to exploring western NC trails but I think there may be a lot of locked gates in NC until after April 1st from what I’ve been reading. SCAR is an option too. Or if anyone has any suggestions of places they’ve wanted to go but haven’t yet I’m game for whatever as long as we’re hitting the dirt!
I had the Georgia Traverse on my list of trails to do this year so I am in. I can leave on Friday, March 3rd so let's connect and talk more about the details.
Here is my info:
Robert Valkovschi
704-604-7818
rvalkovschi@gmail.com

Last edited:

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I/ve been on parts several years ago and I didn't see anything F 150 couldn't handle IF the weather is decent and not too wet. Then, no rig is guaranteed. A chainsaw is good to have. There a lot of big limbs and trees that could fall during storms. I assume you are only there for a day or two? Don't remember too many water crossings on the route but did a few on side roads. Back tracking is sometimes prudent.

Seem to remember one of the rougher parts being the end crossing the Chattooga into Georgia, Some steep clay grades? Wet red clay maybe worse than ice!

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I/ve been on parts several years ago and I didn't see anything F 150 couldn't handle IF the weather is decent and not too wet. Then, no rig is guaranteed. A chainsaw is good to have. There a lot of big limbs and trees that could fall during storms. I assume you are only there for a day or two? Don't remember too many water crossings on the route but did a few on side roads. Back tracking is sometimes prudent.

Seem to remember one of the rougher parts being the end crossing the Chattooga into Georgia, Some steep clay grades? Wet red clay maybe worse than ice!
I’ve taken it to hurricane creek (no problems) and Dickey Bell in Uwharrie but busted an axle and grenaded the rear end there. I think my own fault, had the lockers on and didn’t realize it. Those were both before I added bags to the rear. I guess now I’m just overly cautious.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

I had the Georgia Traverse on my list of trails to do this year so I am in. I can leave on Friday, March 3rd so let's connect and talk more about the details.
Here is my info...
This sounds like a great idea! I'm tentatively in.
@Mack88DO can you pull some info together for Saturday? I can help get the Rally Point started and with coordination.

Mack88DO

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Whispering Pines, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
MacKrell
Member #

I’m out of town but will try and get some info started tomorrow and will post up. I’ve got recovery gear with my rig (12.5k winch, traction boards, recovery ropes) that I can bring. Don’t think we will necessarily need them. I also have a battery powered chainsaw I will bring. What is everyone’s preferred comms? (GMRS, CB, Hamm)

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

I’m out of town but will try and get some info started tomorrow and will post up. I’ve got recovery gear with my rig (12.5k winch, traction boards, recovery ropes) that I can bring. Don’t think we will necessarily need them. I also have a battery powered chainsaw I will bring. What is everyone’s preferred comms? (GMRS, CB, Hamm)
I run GMRS in my rig.
I have a high lift jack, tow strap, and soft shackles.
I’ve been looking at online maps and information today.

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Although I was set to join, I have to pass too. Wife reminded me of a family commitment in Columbia that weekend.

Would really be interested in joining the Rigs & Coffee events once I see some dates. Can be in Charlotte or other areas with a few days' notice. Just gotta work the calendar to plan.

Mike

Reactions: Carnage_95YJ