Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
Nice rig, was looking at FJ40s and 4runners before I found my jeep. Where was that pic taken?
Thanks. That's the Colorado River running through Sulfur Springs Camp in Bend, TX. A small place that requires a vehicle with, at least, a bit of clearance to reach some camping areas. A lot of back roads and Historical Markers in the area.

Reactions: KA7USA and Old Griz

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

804Tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
F
Member #

Just got a set of wheels and tires that actually work with my truck! If you saw earlier this week I posted in the help thread about my wheels rubbing. I took some of my own advice and just got a new set of wheels. She's now sitting on a set of MOTO 970's 17x9 with the same Patriot mud tires I previously bought. Currently clearing 33x12.50's with NO rubbing or scraping whatsoever (removed plastic mud flaps prior to installing)! Only had it in full lock forwards and reverse on flat ground. I'm sure it will scrape some on the trail, as it's close now but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Most likely will involve just some plastic trimming, but will do a CMC if it needs it. Just happy to have that whole wheel nightmare over with!Taco.jpg

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Van and trailer in full basecamp setup with extension corners attached to awning, providing about 16' x 24' under cover. Makes rainy days and nights enjoyable:

basecampwithextensions_4718-1000.jpg
Lake Camping, NH, Oct 2019

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Just got a set of wheels and tires that actually work with my truck! If you saw earlier this week I posted in the help thread about my wheels rubbing. I took some of my own advice and just got a new set of wheels. She's now sitting on a set of MOTO 970's 17x9 with the same Patriot mud tires I previously bought. Currently clearing 33x12.50's with NO rubbing or scraping whatsoever (removed plastic mud flaps prior to installing)! Only had it in full lock forwards and reverse on flat ground. I'm sure it will scrape some on the trail, as it's close now but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Most likely will involve just some plastic trimming, but will do a CMC if it needs it. Just happy to have that whole wheel nightmare over with!View attachment 142162
Love the stance. Looks very solid.

Reactions: 804Tacoma

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Surgery has me down. Havent put more than 20 miles on ehr in the past month. Hoping to be a bit more functional soon. Next trip wont be anywhere super exicting, just going to ALBQ for their Adventure Travel Expo in mid April. Snorkel goes on next. SItting patiently upstairs in storage.20200213_172503_HDR_edited.jpg20200213_172806_HDR_edited.jpg