Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Surgery has me down. Havent put more than 20 miles on ehr in the past month. Hoping to be a bit more functional soon. Next trip wont be anywhere super exicting, just going to ALBQ for their Adventure Travel Expo in mid April. Snorkel goes on next. SItting patiently upstairs in storage.View attachment 143161View attachment 143162
I trust the surgery went well and you are recovering according to plan.

Reactions: KA7USA

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Surgery has me down. Havent put more than 20 miles on ehr in the past month. Hoping to be a bit more functional soon. Next trip wont be anywhere super exicting, just going to ALBQ for their Adventure Travel Expo in mid April. Snorkel goes on next. SItting patiently upstairs in storage.View attachment 143161View attachment 143162
Hey Bryan, get well soon. Tough being down after surgery. Hope you got whatever it was fixed permanently. :-)
What day is the Expo in April ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi Jim, I think it's supposed to be the 18th-19th, but haven't seen many details yet.
I will be in the region on the 11th for a trail meet up at Red Cloud with 4-5 other OB members. Thought maybe your event might be the same week end at our meet up. :-)

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Pano views of basecamps I've had out solo camping. All three were miles off pavement in the Chihuahuan Desert along the Mexican border.

bbrm-190219-pncrp0206.jpg

BBRM-190314-panocropfw-2302-1080.jpg

bibeLM-190322-pano1080-1797.jpg

CoffeeBeard

Rank 0

Contributor I

Augusta, GA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Emanis
Reactions: Road

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Pano views of basecamps I've had out solo camping. All three were miles off pavement in the Chihuahuan Desert along the Mexican border.

View attachment 143486

View attachment 143482

View attachment 143485

Great photo's as always. Are they time lapse pictures ? Do the Border Patrol come check you out when your lit up like that. Every time I get anywhere near the border they come check me out. You look like a smuggler out there. LOL

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Great photo's as always. Are they time lapse pictures ? Do the Border Patrol come check you out when your lit up like that. Every time I get anywhere near the border they come check me out. You look like a smuggler out there. LOL

Thanks, Jim. I think you mean time exposure. Time lapse would show movement over a period of time. Yes, long exposures of anywhere from a couple of seconds to eight or so, longer when I do Milky Way shots, up to 20 secs or so.

There's one in Nature Photos I just posted that was made well after dark, was eight seconds if I recall correctly, and used 6-8 LED pods strategically placed around the scene as fill light. You can tell from the shadows, some of which could not be from the full moon up behind the trees.

I've met some of the Border Patrol guys, yes, but not when I'm camping. I stop and talk to 'em along the road or when they come by if I'm out doing night sky work.

I don't think smugglers would be lit up at all, or even noticeable. I'm rarely lit up like the middle image, which has most of the trailer and rock lights on and was done to show photo/lighting techniques for an article. The first image is lit mainly by a handlheld flashlight.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Thanks, Jim. I think you mean time exposure. Time lapse would show movement over a period of time. Yes, long exposures of anywhere from a couple of seconds to eight or so, longer when I do Milky Way shots, up to 20 secs or so.

There's one in Nature Photos I just posted that was made well after dark, was eight seconds if I recall correctly, and used 6-8 LED pods strategically placed around the scene as fill light. You can tell from the shadows, some of which could not be from the full moon up behind the trees.

I've met some of the Border Patrol guys, yes, but not when I'm camping. I stop and talk to 'em along the road or when they come by if I'm out doing night sky work.

I don't think smugglers would be lit up at all, or even noticeable. I'm rarely lit up like the middle image, which has most of the trailer and rock lights on and was done to show photo/lighting techniques for an article. The first image is lit mainly by a handlheld flashlight.

I know nothing about photography but like great pictures which you have given us. Thanks for that, I like how you live you life in the outdoors most of the time. Dont know if I could do it now or in the past but you make it look like fun and easy going. Does anyone ever go with you ?

Reactions: Road

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Surgery has me down. Havent put more than 20 miles on ehr in the past month. Hoping to be a bit more functional soon. Next trip wont be anywhere super exicting, just going to ALBQ for their Adventure Travel Expo in mid April. Snorkel goes on next. SItting patiently upstairs in storage.
Just got an email that the ATE will be September 19th, not in April as in previous years.