Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Here’s the “Redneck”. 59 power giant body on a 96 chassis. 12v Cummins nv4500 5 speed. Dana 60 full floater with arb air locker. Dana 80 rear arb air locker also. Rides on 39” iroks Recently installed old air ac system (stylin)! Iv had this truck 12 years now and always upgrading. It’s big and heavy but a lot of fun.
Great rig. Looks like all kinds of fun. Who cares if it's big and heavy.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Looks like you had fun. Am curious, what kind of shell and rack on top do you have?
Shell is an older brand no longer made and the rack is none I designed and made for myself as I could not find one I liked.

design was based on mounting awnings as a first priority. The 3/8" tubeing is for running wiring for lights not yet installed.

awning 10.jpg

awning 9.jpg

awning 11.jpg.

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Reactions: Chetta58

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Shell is an older brand no longer made and the rack is none I designed and made for myself as I could not find one I liked.

design was based on mounting awnings as a first priority. The 3/8" tubeing is for running wiring for lights not yet installed.

View attachment 133886

View attachment 133887

View attachment 133885.
Very nice setup. Good job on that. I like how it extends over the cab.

I'm looking for a good shell. I have to admit I'm surprised how expensive they are. Yikes.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

View attachment 133886

View attachment 133887

View attachment 133885.
THAT is a badass rack! I just bought a shell for my Tundra and am having to fab my own rack as well. i absolutely LOVE the way you did the fairing. what are the 4 flange plated on each side for? looks like a very specific bolt pattern...

98_GVitara_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vizela, Portugal
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Caldas
Member #

That Fiat Panda looks hilarious and awesome out there. :laughing: This is the first time I've heard of that vehicle but I'm already a fan!
Believe that this litle 4x4 is awesome.

It have unbelivebel skills for offroad.

You can see it crossing the fields on my latest videos [emoji6]

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

THAT is a badass rack! I just bought a shell for my Tundra and am having to fab my own rack as well. i absolutely LOVE the way you did the fairing. what are the 4 flange plated on each side for? looks like a very specific bolt pattern...
Originally made to match TJM or ARB awning mounting points. I drilled the Alu-cab frame to match my rack.

The TJM awning was purchased and mounted three years before we bought the Alu-Cab awning. Once I mounted the Alu-Cab I realized I needed to make a rear mount for the hinge area. When it is open all the weight of the awning and most of the wind load is at the 4"x6" area at the back of the frame.

Shadow 2.jpg

Shadow 4.jpg

Shadow 6.jpg

awning 7.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Originally made to match TJM or ARB awning mounting points. I drilled the Alu-cab frame to match my rack.

The TJM awning was purchased and mounted three years before we bought the Alu-Cab awning. Once I mounted the Alu-Cab I realized I needed to make a rear mount for the hinge area. When it is open all the weight of the awning and most of the wind load is at the 4"x6" area at the back of the frame.

View attachment 133932

View attachment 133933

View attachment 133934

View attachment 133935
damn, that is nice! wish you lived closer... :grinning:

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Believe that this litle 4x4 is awesome.

It have unbelivebel skills for offroad.

You can see it crossing the fields on my latest videos [emoji6]

Oh I have zero doubts about it's capabilities. That thing weighs a paltry 1,600 lbs. That's just shy of a ton lighter than my Forester, which is already a relatively light vehicle at about 3,400 lbs. Compared to that Ford Raptor that's cruising around with you, it's a weight difference of two tons! I bet that Panda just floats over everything like it's not even there. :smile:

Probably it's biggest hindrance is just it's lack of ground clearance and it's approach angle (its departure angle looks amazing, as does its break-over angle because of that incredibly short wheelbase). With some minor tweaks to that front bumper to give it a better approach angle, that thing could probably climb a wall. :laughing:

Cool videos too! Those areas look beautiful.

98_GVitara_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vizela, Portugal
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Caldas
Member #

Oh I have zero doubts about it's capabilities. That thing weighs a paltry 1,600 lbs. That's just shy of a ton lighter than my Forester, which is already a relatively light vehicle at about 3,400 lbs. Compared to that Ford Raptor that's cruising around with you, it's a weight difference of two tons! I bet that Panda just floats over everything like it's not even there. [emoji2]

Probably it's biggest hindrance is just it's lack of ground clearance and it's approach angle (its departure angle looks amazing, as does its break-over angle because of that incredibly short wheelbase). With some minor tweaks to that front bumper to give it a better approach angle, that thing could probably climb a wall. :laughing:

Cool videos too! Those areas look beautiful.
I agree, the only thing the Panda needs is more ground clearence.
Thanks for enjoying my "amateur" [emoji23] videos.
I will keep posting them to share the beauty of Portugal [emoji41][emoji1201][emoji6]

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Why no info ? Give us an idea of the total value of your rig as I see it in this picture. I love it but I know it's unaffordable to me. But I could still enjoy a trip in my rig behind you if you cut the trail for me. :-)
I was very fortunate to get this rig used from C4 FABRICATION. They fully built it and used it for research and development of their products for several years. Before them Firestone Tires owned this 4Runner and it was their flagship vehicle they used to advertise their new M/T tire at expos and such. I picked it up for a little over 30k. I was looking at getting a new 4Runner (~40k) and building myself, but decided to go the used route to save money. You can save a lot of money buying an already built rig! There is always a risk that they beat on it or didn't use quality parts though, just gotta me mindful and know what to look for.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I was very fortunate to get this rig used from C4 FABRICATION. They fully built it and used it for research and development of their products for several years. Before them Firestone Tires owned this 4Runner and it was their flagship vehicle they used to advertise their new M/T tire at expos and such. I picked it up for a little over 30k. I was looking at getting a new 4Runner (~40k) and building myself, but decided to go the used route to save money. You can save a lot of money buying an already built rig! There is always a risk that they beat on it or didn't use quality parts though, just gotta me mindful and know what to look for.
WOW, it's a true one of a kind and what a deal you made on it. Under those conditions I guess I can consider your rig affordable at that price but I doubt it could be duplicated for even double what you gave for it. In essence you have what was a shopping center queen that is going to be put to the real test finally. Nice buy, I envy you but not to the point of suicide. LOL