Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

after last couple mods. 225/65R17 tires. and made my version of front recovery points and hiliftjack lifting points, and they are bolt on , nothing is welded to cars metal at all.

I used to have a 2005 Subaru Legacy 3.0R sedan - loved that thing, but always kinda wished I had gotten the Outback.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Lol 2wd hi. Low I out less strain on the engine and it will run all day long and idle through the trail but I drive slower so I get less miles lol. My final crawl rate to the tires it about 600:1 in first gear at the moment.
I curious about the slow crawl rate. Doesn't the engine over heat when there is little air flow at low speeds for long distances ? Or is the rpm's high enough to create the air flow needed. My Land Rover Discovery has never been used for anything else but road travel primarily. It has never even been in Low range 4 wheel drive the previous owner tells me. It has 102,000 miles on the odometer so it should have a lot of life left in it considering I am not going to abuse it the way I would if I were younger and impulsive. I dont know what to expect from a performance standpoint.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ