Ram 1500 Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Since I am too broke to get anything else for the truck right now I got some basic recovery stuff. I got the Smittybilt hitch shackle and 30,000lb tow rope. Hopefully I will have enough money soon for some real mods!IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2255.JPG

Reactions: O.Dfj and Raul B

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Since I am too broke to get anything else for the truck right now I got some basic recovery stuff. I got the Smittybilt hitch shackle and 30,000lb tow rope. Hopefully I will have enough money soon for some real mods!View attachment 4357 View attachment 4358
Cool! Now save some money and pull your shackle out of the slug and stash it under your seat until you need it, because before long some d-bag will happen along and help himself to a free shackle.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Update:
Well I lost my only set of keys a work a few days ago and since the area I work in is sketchy late at night (a lot of homeless/drug addicts who walk around and look into the vehicles in the parking lot late at night) I decided to call a locksmith and have them come out and make a new key. $200 later I have a key and can drive again. Now I just have to get a couple of fobs and he will program and cut them for $40! But it sure is a bummer losing all your keys, you don't realize how often you need them until you don't have them haha.

Also, I ordered an OEM transfer case skid plate that should be arriving sometime next week!

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I love your truck.

I said it before, but I am looking to build a RAM up as well. Someday once back in WA.
Thank you! It has been a great truck, I'm still in the process of figuring out where all the knocking is coming from in the front end, but I think I have it narrowed down to the intermediate steering shaft. After that it'll be ready for more adventures! I would say go with a 2500 because it has a solid front axle and there are WAY more parts for them but they are pretty big for the type of trails we have up here.

Reactions: Gnasher_PNW

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

Thank you! It has been a great truck, I'm still in the process of figuring out where all the knocking is coming from in the front end, but I think I have it narrowed down to the intermediate steering shaft. After that it'll be ready for more adventures! I would say go with a 2500 because it has a solid front axle and there are WAY more parts for them but they are pretty big for the type of trails we have up here.
Definitely will take that into consideration. The 1500 come as diesels, I believe?

Reactions: Milo Mack

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

The new ones do yes, but they are wider then his ram.
If anything I'd say a power wagon. That's what I would get for an overland type ram.
Okay. I'll take a look around for power wagon's.

There's a guy I work with who has one, a 98 with a 24valve cummins in it. Weighs 11,000lbs, but he gets 35mpg highway... crazy.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Okay. I'll take a look around for power wagon's.

There's a guy I work with who has one, a 98 with a 24valve cummins in it. Weighs 11,000lbs, but he gets 35mpg highway... crazy.
That's not a power wagon then.
Power wagon was from 05 and up and only has the hemi. Well technically there was 1st gen power wagons (like 80s) but they aren't as good as the newer ones lol
Also the 4th gen ram power wagons have the 6.4 hemi instead of the 5.7.

Reactions: Oliver_Closov

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

That's not a power wagon then.
Power wagon was from 05 and up and only has the hemi. Well technically there was 1st gen power wagons (like 80s) but they aren't as good as the newer ones lol
Also the 4th gen ram power wagons have the 6.4 hemi instead of the 5.7.
I'm pretty ignorant with this type of vehicle, so I wouldn't have known the difference. Thanks for clarifying! (His truck has PowerWagon on the back, must have been put there by someone else haha)

I like the idea of having a diesel truck, but am not experience with these trucks to know if its as beneficial as it seems.

@Truckerbizz Sorry for hijacking your thread!

I appreciate the insight.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I'm pretty ignorant with this type of vehicle, so I wouldn't have known the difference. Thanks for clarifying! (His truck has PowerWagon on the back, must have been put there by someone else haha)

I like the idea of having a diesel truck, but am not experience with these trucks to know if its as beneficial as it seems.

@Truckerbizz Sorry for hijacking your thread!

I appreciate the insight.
It's really not, alot of these guys claiming this crazy high mpg are making shit up.

I owned a 5.9 cummins with tasteful performance mpg based mods and even and mpg tune. And still on lot saw about 17-18 on the highway. Now granted I averaged about 500-600 miles per tank because of the large tank.

But yes power wagons are only hemis, have solid front axle, lockers front and rear, 4.10 gears, hidden 10k winch, and electronic swaybar disconnect. Lots of people like to put power wagon stickers on their none power wagon rams....

The more you know lol
Also sorry for hijack haha

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Woo! After a couple weeks of waiting my T-case skid finally showed up! I'm pretty surprised at how thick it is for being OEM. I'll probably get around to installing it sometime this weekend! Next is the IFS Skid and a new rear diff cover and that will be it for underbody protection for a while. Eventually I'll find someone to make me some sliders.IMG_3355.JPG