Power Wagon Registry

• HTML tutorial

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

To all who have posted in this feed thank you! I am happy to see the PW owners getting together to share info, tips, tricks, and such!! So happy I started this one, I wasn't sure how well it would go amongst all the more typical Overland vehicles. I look forward to hopefully meeting everyone of you someday during my travels!

ABomb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Mesa, CA
Member #

So...I know there's already a thread regarding where everyone put their OB emblems, but I maybe only saw one PW on there. Having a helluva time making a decision. Any suggestions or where you guys put them?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

So...I know there's already a thread regarding where everyone put their OB emblems, but I maybe only saw one PW on there. Having a helluva time making a decision. Any suggestions or where you guys put them?

I think mine was the one PW in there. Mine is on the lower left of my tailgate.20170712_140719.jpg

Reactions: ABomb

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I actually only paid for a membership because an OB group invited me to join their Death Valley trip, without running into them I would have never done that run, so I figured I should show some support.

Reactions: crit_pw

Handsome Devil

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pismo Beach California
Member #

I'm late to this thread (Just joined yesterday) But I'm super stoked about all the PW owners here so I wanted to share mine.

I have a 1977 W100. I know it's not much compared to the modern wagon but I've loved the look of this truck for ages. So far I have a full-float Dana 44 up front as well as a full float Chrysler 8.25 in the back with 4.10's, 4" springs (Leafs), electronic ignition, fuel cell,IMG_0088.jpg massive radiator, CB radio, electric fuel pump, pretty much all the standard bolt-ons.

I'm working with a tired 318 so I've decided to try my hand at porting the intake and heads myself. (I'll post here if I do a miraculous job and create power, or if I fail miserably and the truck never starts again lol).

My plans for the future are to weld a cage in the back and get a bikini top covering the bed and maybe a drawer system idk.

So far my biggest hurdles have been getting it reliable enough for actual off-roading. Once I'm fairly certain I can drive 500+ miles on the road, I'll likely start taking longer trips off road.

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

If it was that good, you would have told me about it. You haven't. :tongueout:
There is a lot of good in there you just have to sort through it the same way you do on the PW registry. Besides the membership doesn't cost much and its not an annual renewal and so far none of the idiots like we have in that "other" group.

DoogieF18

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallon, NV
Member #

Which shelter do you use?

We just bought the complete CleanWaste Go kit - tent, toilet, carry case, and an initial supply of bags. Case is nice to keep it organized. Probably would have been cheaper to part it out - Cabela's has some decent quick set-up shelters for less than (and probably from the same factory) the CleanWaste one. I will confess, the one we have goes up and down quickly, 4x4' inside is plenty but it doesn't have a usable pass through for a shower head.

DoogieF18

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallon, NV
Member #

To all who have posted in this feed thank you! I am happy to see the PW owners getting together to share info, tips, tricks, and such!! So happy I started this one, I wasn't sure how well it would go amongst all the more typical Overland vehicles. I look forward to hopefully meeting everyone of you someday during my travels!
Thanks for starting the thread. We graduated from a "more typical Overland vehicle" and are also glad to see a community for those who chose the full size path - particularly the PW. I love my 80-series (can't seem to part with it) but 6.4L of V8 awesomeness sure beats the 1FZ-FE (especially with >200k miles on it) when dragging even a small trailer around. I will admit the idea of being able to fix just about anything on the LC with what I have in the toolbox is appealing (although increasingly necessary). But, as we aren't trekking the outback of Africa or Australia, heated/cooled seats are worth the trade off!

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Not actually a Power Wagon but its what the original Power Wagons were developed from.

Driving around locally lookin' for Burgers.

Waiting for the pass on HWY2 to reopen.

Predates Power Wagons by 4 years. We'll see how it works out as an overland vehicle.

-jim lee

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
Not actually a Power Wagon but its what the original Power Wagons were developed from.

Driving around locally lookin' for Burgers.

Waiting for the pass on HWY2 to reopen.

Predates Power Wagons by 4 years. We'll see how it works out as an overland vehicle.

-jim lee
I think you are forgiven for not having an actual PW... Are you still running the original flathead? Regardless, that truck is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Thanks!

Yes original Flathead. Err.. Same type of flathead, but its not the original from that truck. Checking the numbers the motor in this truck originally came from an M37 army truck. Almost identical. I did have to rewire it and I'm working on increasing its "mean distance between failures". Repair, test, repair..

It's improving, but it's taking a lot of time & effort.

-jim lee

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

New Power Wagon owner checking in! Decided the family had outgrown our FJ Cruiser and we found this pretty truck sitting on a dealer lot begging for a home!
IMG_2501.JPG
Our soon to be for sale FJ
IMG_2048.JPG

Reactions: fbledsoe