Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

My Uncle has a cab mounted rack from Front Runner. The thing was not cheap, but it is ridiculously solid.
Which rack did he get and how did you guys mount it? I went to their website and can't find anything Ram (or even generic fitment) to go with. Although, I imagine with a little creativity you can mount any roof rack to any car.

Reactions: crit_pw

BlkWgn

Rank 0

Contributor II

Which rack did he get and how did you guys mount it? I went to their website and can't find anything Ram (or even generic fitment) to go with. Although, I imagine with a little creativity you can mount any roof rack to any car.
I am not sure which model rack it is, I will see if I can find out. We live somewhat local to Frontrunner so he went down and talked to them to see what would work. What he has fits nicely to the cab of the truck and is mounted to the rain gutters on the roof, I believe with added Riv nuts. I am assuming they just measured the roof and picked a rack that was the right size then picked the correct mounts. I have sent him an email asking if he has the part numbers for what they did.

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

I am not sure which model rack it is, I will see if I can find out. We live somewhat local to Frontrunner so he went down and talked to them to see what would work. What he has fits nicely to the cab of the truck and is mounted to the rain gutters on the roof, I believe with added Riv nuts. I am assuming they just measured the roof and picked a rack that was the right size then picked the correct mounts. I have sent him an email asking if he has the part numbers for what they did.
Thanks, much appreciated. I kind of want to do a roof rack on the PW, but I don't know. With the shell, RTT, roof rack, and gear mounted, it might be too much up high.

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Ha, yep.. the rock rails help for climbing up to access the roof but it's still tall! I gave up on indoor parking of any kind a long time ago, I'm pretty sure the RTT is going to bring my overall height to 8'6"... on 35s and stock suspension.

BlkWgn

Rank 0

Contributor II

Thanks, much appreciated. I kind of want to do a roof rack on the PW, but I don't know. With the shell, RTT, roof rack, and gear mounted, it might be too much up high.
This is the response I got about the Frontrunner rack

I dont think it has a model number. they by the rails as stock extrusions and cut and fit to your roof. Since all roofs have different curvatures, they have to bend it into shape. Then they have differnet sized risers to attach the rails to the rack. Again, they pick different ones depending on the curvature of the roof. I went to there place to have it done. They drill the roof and then put nutserts in to hold it all together. took about 2 hours. Just tell your friend to make sure they get them very tight, and use rtv sealant so youdont get leaks/rust later.

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Alright Chris, the tent is mounted! There's some more photos on Facebook. Once I get the awning done I'll take some better photos (hopefully in the wild somewhere) and do a more detailed write up.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Looks awesome Aaron. The pics on the other site were terrific as well. Looking forward to hearing how you all like it once you get out and use it!

Reactions: aearles