Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Found an image on my phone from long time ago that shows my chuck box organization. I still keep it this way.

What I love about this box is that it is light (the one's I've made from scratch, even from 3/8" ply, end up 30-40 lbs empty); holds everything I need, and can be moved easily from van to trailer tailgate, to work counter, or back porch. Wherever I want it.

The lid is deep enough to leave my stove, and two sauté pans with lids, two plates, and a couple shallow bowls on the orange tray and still close the lid. The lid also comes off if I need to use it for washing clothes, or standing in for shower, etc.

The box itself holds a voluminous amount and is quite deep front to back. I'm making drawers for sections that don't have one, so I can just pull the drawer to get what's at back (spices, etc) instead of unloading that whole section.

beavertree-kitchen_6793-900.jpeg
Lid still closes with stove and all that's on the tray.
kitchen organization_8645crop-900.jpg
When I get to camp and have my trailer set up with counter, I take the whole TV tray, pans and all, and put it on my small GSI Collapsible Micro Table, which fits nice and snug on the tire. Leaves more room on my counter.

Customkiile

Rank II

Enthusiast I

55°45'36.9"N 8°55'45.8"E
First Name
Gloin
Last Name
Thorøe
Member #

Hi there
Here is a little photo of my setup, it is a nissan patrol that I use every day.
My kitchen is something I have built myself, and I am in the process of building a new one as I would like my cooler box to stand in the back instead of in the back seat.

Attachments

Off-Road Overland Camping

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange, CA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Channels
Member #

Hi there
My kitchen is something I have built myself, and I am in the process of building a new one as I would like my cooler box to stand in the back instead of in the back seat.
Wow, you must be a great chef with all of those spices

Reactions: MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Wow, you must be a great chef with all of those spices

Some of us like to add a depth of flavor to our dishes, I carry 2oz containers in a two larger boxes with extra of the most used. I really changes the profile of flavors. I don't plan meals on the road, I plan proteins, veggies, and salads, I will mix and mach as I go. I can cook anything on the road that I can at home.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi there
You just never know until you use your rig and realize where to put everything. I need sleeping space so my needs are different but the same at some point.

Customkiile

Rank II

Enthusiast I

55°45'36.9"N 8°55'45.8"E
First Name
Gloin
Last Name
Thorøe
Member #

Tell me more about that spice rack!
my spices are many which I mix myself for the different game species I hunt, I am an active bow hunter and love to cook good food, so therefore the many spices,
all glass is squeezed into a plastic holder I have screwed on the plate that I have put on the door instead of the original

Reactions: OverLamb24

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
This is as fancy as we get. Since she pre-prepares all the meals in advance and vacuum seals everything, it's merely a matter of reheating meals. We still eat really good, but don't consider the focus of our camping to be food.

P1020854.JPG
P1020773.JPG

Last edited: