Pismo OHV Meet up April 22nd-23rd

• HTML tutorial

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I live very close and will be making contact this weekend. Probably not to trash my rig but I'll bring a surfboard! Maybe even my family [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Also I have a ton of ukaliptus in Atascadero I will give away if people need firewood. Need it off the property. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: SLO Rob

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Alright it's starting to sound like maybe I'll camp too lol. @fj80toyman it's crowded-ish but the place is big. Finding a secluded campground won't be hard. It will get progressively more full of people as the spring/summer progresses so it may be as good time as any.

It's not wild though. Definitely not super challenging driving. Just different.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zargon

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Rob and I some time ago (can't remember when, but long enough that I had no lights/art on the truck). This should be a fun time!

Does anyone want to meet up anywhere before the dunes? If not I will probably get there at around 10am and just set up somewhere up high. I'm sure @SLO Rob will be there with me.

IMG_20161106_102953.jpg

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Who will be camping? I was planning on going there anyway with my Rzr.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
@maktruk - what time are you going to head down there? Maybe we can caravan? I'm in San Jose, was planning on leaving by 9:00 am on Saturday.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I have work all day Saturday but I live close enough I can hear the 2 strokes screaming on a quiet night so I'll swing down for a bonfire at least, possibly camp if I have time to put the tent back on the truck.
I am very much trying to avoid work on Saturday. If I manage to, I'll be heading down late-ish Friday. Anyone have a rundown on my first stops in the area? Can a pin flag be had at a local gas station? Is there an entrance open late, or an automated pay station? Can I even enter after a certain hour? I have no FRS, only CB. Is there decent cell service? So many questions...

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

@maktruk - what time are you going to head down there? Maybe we can caravan? I'm in San Jose, was planning on leaving by 9:00 am on Saturday.
Ha, I just dumped a bunch of questions while you posted that. I could do a Saturday AM run just as easily. I'd like to see where @Jun1or_D40 is at and if he'd like to meet up with us as well.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
@slorob should know the area and place to camp. Is the river flowing? I like to do the fence run, but not sure I could manage that in my Jeep. There is usually a vendor on the beach that sells flags. I might even have an extra one - I'll have to check the garage. I have an extra FRS handheld I can loan you for the weekend, so you can have comms with the rest of the group.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

It appears if I just flag my CB antenna (42" on center of my roof) I should be good?

Djtho1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am also trying to not work too much on Saturday so I can come out. Not sure what time I will make it out there but will listen on the FRS to see where everyone is. I live local but am new to this group. Hope to meet you Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
It appears if I just flag my CB antenna (42" on center of my roof) I should be good?
I would think that should be good enough, especially if you're with a group. The point of the flag is to enhance visibility so others can see you over dunes.