Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@O.Dfj ANy takers on coming with you to Pismo April 22nd/23rd? The weather is supposed to be perfect... I've got some people in town visiting, but I'm going to bring my kids out Saturday.

-If anyone hasn't camped at Pismo OHV before. $10 bucks over night or $5 day pass. Camp anywhere. Some pit toilets. They require pin flags but sell them there (about $14) and there's a guy with a big compressor trailer that will air you up for a buck a tire (though the gas stations are 2 blocks off the sand and go faster) There's also a coin op car wash just off the beach. Firewood is marked up very high. I can donate a big armful to you guys so you don't have to lug it too. It's easy living there. It can get cold (it is the Pacific!) but it's very fun and if you haven't driven in sand much, it's super fun.

I'll have a radio on 14.4 and will be invisible as my 4Runner is Desert Dune, so you won't see me coming! @pabloquiros @Tom DeVor @Mad Garden Gnome @GoldenStateAdv.com

Video of Turf and Surf, a Land Cruiser festival. (its usually not this busy)In the video there's a couple of me and @pabloquiros and his ridiculous Taco on a "non festival" weekend too.

Last edited:

Djtho1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Complete noob here. Just joined the forum but wish to begin, probably using my current vehicle, which is being brought to good stock condition before any modifications. I live in Arroyo Grande and could come out. To ask my first stupid question; when you say 14.4 on the radio, which type of radio?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Complete noob here. Just joined the forum but wish to begin, probably using my current vehicle, which is being brought to good stock condition before any modifications. I live in Arroyo Grande and could come out. To ask my first stupid question; when you say 14.4 on the radio, which type of radio?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
No worries! FRS/GMRS... I didn't know what that was until last year too. Don't worry about your rig. If you air down and have 4wd you should have a good time and be very surprised what it can do.

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

I'm there. Doubt I'll camp since I'm local but ill be there for sure. I am in morro bay, so if anyone is coming from the north let me know and ill join your convoy to the dunes.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@O.Dfj My pin flag broke and I put my OTG 2016 group flag (red team) on my antenna. I'm not saying that will satisfy some requirements, but....

They have cool ones too though...it doesn't have to be just orange....Pablo and his Dia de Los Muertos flag, country flags, ginormous orange bra...(ok I think that guy brought that from home)

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

@O.Dfj My pin flag broke and I put my OTG 2016 group flag (red team) on my antenna. I'm not saying that will satisfy some requirements, but....

They have cool ones too though...it doesn't have to be just orange....Pablo and his Dia de Los Muertos flag, country flags, ginormous orange bra...(ok I think that guy brought that from home)
So my orange banana hammock hanging from my cb whip will be good[emoji23]

OB 1466

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hey @SLO Rob i posted in the monthly trip thread that the Sacramento group will be leaving at 6:30 am Saturday and will be arriving in Pismo around noon. Any place you have in mind to meet up or just want to meet on the dunes?

OB 1466

Last edited:
Reactions: MilkTeacoma

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Hey guys, I've never been to Pismo and it's on my list. Is this one of those times when there's going to be crowds or no?

I have a couple guys that want to come up as well but we're trying to figure if everyone's up for an overnighter. These are some mellow guys but would love some time at the beach.

...so, crowded or not so much?

Dan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hey guys, I've never been to Pismo and it's on my list. Is this one of those times when there's going to be crowds or no?

I have a couple guys that want to come up as well but we're trying to figure if everyone's up for an overnighter. These are some mellow guys but would love some time at the beach.

Dan

All of us from the Sacramento and Bay area are camping Saturday night. I have no idea about crowds but Overland Bound will be well represented at the dunes. I think we have between 10 and 15 rigs going.

OB 1466

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Dan

It can be crowded near the beach where people set up camps and near the rental trailers. Mid day tourists renting quads etc. Get a group, set up a camp as far down as your comfy with, then drive easy out into the dunes and it could be just you guys. I've been told hugging the fence line and heading southeast is a great drive too.